Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2759828 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #540 on: 26 January 2014, 17:16 »
And I don't know too much, I just get bored easily and change loads of things :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #541 on: 26 January 2014, 17:27 »
These are the ones I got mate http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=271132997804

The h7,8,9,11 crap is the fitment, so h7 will fit our cornering lights (we are talking about the ones that point sideways in the cluster yeah?) and the other bulbs in your car should all be led except your indicators and reverse bulbs but I'd only upgrade the reverse one as the the indicators are a bit pointless imo

No worries then, greatly appreciated for the help! And yeh the lights that point sideways. Take it this takes a few minutes to fit?
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #542 on: 26 January 2014, 18:31 »
Yeah just a few mins, if it takes you any long your doing it wrong, just remember to twist the right way and you'll be fine
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #543 on: 27 January 2014, 10:41 »
Passed the 1000 mile mark in the GTD and treated myself to the first real prolonged full throttle experience. I can happily report back that I will be doing that a lot more from now on!  :laugh: :laugh:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline FNJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #544 on: 27 January 2014, 16:19 »
Picked off all the leaves and seeds that collected on it after a windy weekend. Had hoped to get rid of them with a fast blast to work but, as always, was stuck in stop/start traffic all the way in.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #545 on: 29 January 2014, 19:49 »

It's raining so I removed the front grill for this, I'll post a pic of it on the car in the daylight when it's not raining.

Being self-adhesive vinyl, the chrome edging is still visible but I think this compliments the chrome next to the red strip whilst bringing the GTI badge inline with my plasti-dipped black VW one.

I'm pretty happy with this but I'm sure there will be some who think it's better left as standard, the beauty is I can just put it back to normal in 5 minutes if I change my mind  :smiley:

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #546 on: 30 January 2014, 10:25 »
I like it a lot! Looks great and the red outline really compliments the red stripe! Nicely done!   :cool:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #547 on: 30 January 2014, 11:53 »
Filled up my washer bottle as the system keep bonging at me and warning on the dash to fill it up. AFAIK, this is the first time I've filled it in 4 months ownership - surely not ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #548 on: 30 January 2014, 12:04 »
Filled up my washer bottle as the system keep bonging at me and warning on the dash to fill it up. AFAIK, this is the first time I've filled it in 4 months ownership - surely not ?

Have you maybe topped it up when sleepwalking and dreaming about your Golf? :grin:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #549 on: 30 January 2014, 12:08 »
Nah, I think the reason why the fuel tank is smaller on the MK7 is that it's been dislodged by the washer bottle - must be 10 or 11 gallons in it. I've noticed when the bottle was empty, my MPG improved considerably  :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras