Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2759784 times)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #190 on: 01 November 2013, 11:35 »
Car should be here in two weeks my dealer told me today. Made a richbrook tax disc holder purchase (black) and tempred to get these LED bulbs for over the licence plate. Has anyone got and photos of the difference?
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #191 on: 01 November 2013, 12:18 »
virginVWman: Rear license plate is already LED lit.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #192 on: 01 November 2013, 12:28 »
virginVWman: Rear license plate is already LED lit.

Ahhhhhh right okay. Maybe ive read it wrong then as someone put link up on herenof LED reg plate bulbs so i assumed...oops. cheers
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #193 on: 02 November 2013, 09:35 »
Guys anyone who has done the cornering light bulb mod and used these...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00440CWE4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you confirm was there a noticeable change to the light being crisp white like the standard xenon headlights? Reason I ask is I bought these bulbs from someone else's recommendation on here and changes them last night, simple task really. But I can't seem to notice much of a different yet. The light still looks rather yellow like the standard bulbs

Can anyone confirm what if they have done the same? To me the glass of the bulb is only got a slight blue effect on half of it, if you understand what I mean lol

Thanks in advance  :smiley:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #194 on: 02 November 2013, 18:18 »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00440CWE4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you confirm was there a noticeable change to the light being crisp white like the standard xenon headlights? Reason I ask is I bought these bulbs from someone else's recommendation on here and changes them last night, simple task really. But I can't seem to notice much of a different yet. The light still looks rather yellow like the standard bulbs

Can anyone confirm what if they have done the same? To me the glass of the bulb is only got a slight blue effect on half of it, if you understand what I mean lol

These replacement "Xenon effect" bulbs will never look as white as a true Xenon, but they can come a lot closer than the very yellow stock bulbs. I have Osram nightbreaker plus on mine and they do look quite white - moreso at night than testing them in daylight to see that they're working.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 02 November 2013, 18:36 »
They're nowhere near as white as the xenon beam but they do make a noticeable difference imo.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #196 on: 02 November 2013, 21:13 »

These replacement "Xenon effect" bulbs will never look as white as a true Xenon, but they can come a lot closer than the very yellow stock bulbs. I have Osram nightbreaker plus on mine and they do look quite white - moreso at night than testing them in daylight to see that they're working.

Do you have a link for these bulbs monkey hanger?

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #197 on: 02 November 2013, 21:14 »
They're nowhere near as white as the xenon beam but they do make a noticeable difference imo.

I only put them in last night Jimble, will try and see for a day or two to see if I can get the full effect  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #198 on: 02 November 2013, 22:09 »

Do you have a link for these bulbs monkey hanger?

It'll be on Eurocarparts - had these for a while as a "spare" set for on the continent last time I visited France - the bobbies there take great pleasure in stopping anything with GB plates to see if you have the required equipment.

£10.89 delivered via Eurocarparts @ Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Night-Breaker-64210NBP-Headlight/dp/B0047N0B0U/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3B5SW5SOXGEY2&s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1383429788&sr=1-1

Or £14.99 on their own website?!?  :huh:

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #199 on: 03 November 2013, 10:02 »
Not sure how its cheeper on amazon, as eurocarparts supposed to be doing unto 50% off this weekend.

Good spot though and just ordered 2 sets, 1 for the polo and one in readiness for the GTI. I am collecting bits and have a long wait for the car, but never mind.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger