Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2775903 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11480 on: 25 June 2021, 11:27 »
I'm in a 21 plate MK7.5 e-Golf courtesy car today (I guess there's no MK8 e-Golf?).

Never an issue on the old GTD or R I had, but on this thing, the doors close with a very un-VW-like "Clang". Anyone got that with their 7.5? I'm presuming it's missing some kind of film or sound deadening  on the doors or the door seals are doing a poor job of giving you that air cushion that makes the doors close with a "whump".
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11481 on: 25 June 2021, 12:05 »
Mine still makes a 'Golf' noise but NO where near what I was used to from my previous Mk5.

The whole car is built 'lighter' so not really a surprise, a bit disconcerting when I washed it for the first time and the wings reflexed with only light pressure!
« Last Edit: 25 June 2021, 21:34 by Rudedog »
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11482 on: 25 June 2021, 16:03 »
Don't suppose you could post a photo?  I'm having trouble getting my head around this - what goes where, so to speak.

It looks just like that picture in the VWROC thread.  :grin:

It can take some persuasion to get the zip ties behind it, and it won't sit flat on it's mounts once you've done it, other than that it's straight forward.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11483 on: 26 June 2021, 12:27 »
Thought about doing this today, mine looks slightly different but that might just be the colours... what is the basic idea behind the zip ties?

Is it to attach the junction box to the car or to make sure the plastic box doesn't pop open when the wire is pulled?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11484 on: 26 June 2021, 12:41 »
Thought about doing this today, mine looks slightly different but that might just be the colours... what is the basic idea behind the zip ties?

Is it to attach the junction box to the car or to make sure the plastic box doesn't pop open when the wire is pulled?

I think its to stop the cable popping out when the plastic housing breaks and opens up releasing the cable.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #11485 on: 26 June 2021, 13:38 »

Got it ready for a GTi show that’s on tomorrow. Not bad IMO for an almost 8 year old car. Had to replace the engine coolant temp sensor last week. All good now.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11486 on: 26 June 2021, 13:57 »
Looks very nice,  carbon grey is a lovely colour when polished up like that.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11487 on: 26 June 2021, 14:04 »
Got it ready for a GTi show that’s on tomorrow. Not bad IMO for an almost 8 year old car. Had to replace the engine coolant temp sensor last week. All good now.

@Carbon VW; Looks great :cool:. Carbon grey with anthracite VW Rotary alloy wheels is a great combination, not that I’m biased (my mk6 GTD was Carbon Grey with anthracite Rotary alloys) :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #11488 on: 26 June 2021, 18:24 »

@Carbon VW; Looks great :cool:. Carbon grey with anthracite VW Rotary alloy wheels is a great combination, not that I’m biased (my mk6 GTD was Carbon Grey with anthracite Rotary alloys) :smiley:.

Appreciation from a forum member like you is high praise indeed  :laugh:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11489 on: 26 June 2021, 19:25 »

Appreciation from a forum member like you is high praise indeed  :laugh:

Thanks! :smiley:. Wish I still had my Rotary alloys - they’re my favourites of any wheels I’ve had on my VW’s. Unfortunately they’re the wrong bolt pattern for my Polo GTI+ :angry:.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2021, 19:58 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl