Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 332390 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1430 on: 22 July 2013, 16:48 »
Well I ordered on May 15th and still processing. Hoping this Thursday to move to a build date. (Or is the Thursday update thing still a guess)?

It all seems a bit random. Has anyone got a GTD with panoramic roof in transit?

ordered my GTD on 3rd April, build week originally wk36, but that became confirmed as wk25. Shown as "in transit" on the Wednesday of the build week and stayed that way for two and a half weeks and then arrived at the dears on the 15th July - 2 days after I had gone overseas for 10 days!!!!!! It's pure white, DSG, leather, pano roof, discover nav, dynaudio and service pack. Picking it up on Wednesday. Dealer says it is receiving loads of positive comments.

Sounds awesome mate. Glad to hear the GTD's are getting out on the roads now! Photo's on Wednesday please.  :smiley:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1431 on: 22 July 2013, 16:56 »
Popped into my dealership today just to get a quick update and I've been told the car arrived in the UK last week and should be hopefully at the dealership by the end of this week  :smiley: I could possibly have it by this weekend if all things go well.

I also asked why my order had been so quick compared to others and he was basically struggling to answer. He said that I had just been fortunate and that perhaps the combination of the options I had added had caused no problems. This is because he did mention the reverse camera and the fact that VW had effectively run out of them.

The dealer also said that mine was going to be the first to arrive from their allocation

They had also in the last hour just received a GTD but I couldn't get pics unfortunately as it had been taken round the back to get prepped

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #1432 on: 22 July 2013, 18:34 »
13 Weeks since ordering and I still have no confirmed build week. I've made it known I'm not very happy to my dealer for the first time as before I didn't really mind as long as it was here for 1st September, but this is looking less and less likely as the weeks roll on.  :sad:

3 months and no confirmed date.  Crazy.

No way it will be here for 1st Sept, sorry mate.  My current estimate for mine is first week of October.  That is based off my own calculations, not off VW BS.

It's a nightmare, here's my reply:

I do agree with you and I can understand how disappointed you must feel.  I have attached a bulletin from Volkswagen regarding the current situation with car supply.  Your Golf still has a scheduled build week in September and after speaking to someone again at Volkswagen’s Sales Office, he feels there is a possibility of this coming forward a little.

I’m really sorry about this delay, I will obviously keep checking daily for you.

Kind regards,

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1433 on: 22 July 2013, 18:45 »
You aren't far from me Matchboy.  Perhaps we should meet up somewhere scenic when they arrive and do a photo shoot of your red next to my Oryx, would look well cool.

Don't fall for it matchboy!  He just wants to show off that he's got the most expensive colour! :whistle:

Haha but do you have the 19s pauliem, if not then your fancy paint is cancelled out by my bigger wheels  :grin:

Your bigger wheels are cancelled out by my, errrmm - Automatic parking system - cool aren't I?  :undecided:

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1434 on: 22 July 2013, 19:44 »
I see it says 4 week shut down for gtis. 29-32

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1435 on: 22 July 2013, 21:17 »
I noticed that and I'm supposed to be build week 32..

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1436 on: 22 July 2013, 22:44 »
Me too

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1437 on: 22 July 2013, 22:46 »
I guess we are now build week 33 :cry:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1438 on: 23 July 2013, 12:18 »
Just got confirmed BW 35, so finally some light at the end of a very long tunnel :grin:
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1439 on: 23 July 2013, 21:56 »

So has anyone that was Wk 32 checked to see if they are still Wk32 or if have they slipped?? As I'm 33 and wondered if I could slip even though still confirmed?!? Could go crosseyed!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: