Author Topic: Recaro seat option  (Read 3587 times)

Offline jimbo29

• Just got here
Recaro seat option
« on: 08 May 2005, 11:43 »
Does anybody know when the Recaro seat option will be available on the new Golf GTI? The Volkswagen website says these will be available from mid 2005 but no further details are given at the moment.

Thanks

Jamie

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
Re: Recaro seat option
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2005, 11:48 »
well it was suppose to be june but i read somewhere that they will be fully available for the new registration in sept.

Offline jimbo29

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2005, 12:00 »
Cheers. Just ordered the car yesterday for September delivery so hopefully the prices will be released and the option available before the build starts.

Thanks

Jamie

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2005, 12:44 »
The standard seats are pretty good, especially in leather. Dont think you will be disappointed with them.

Offline philmk5

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2005, 22:16 »
I've had my MkV Gti with leather for about 2 weeks, I traded in a MkiV V6 4 Motion with leather Recaros.  My new seats are not quite as bolstered but I like them more and it seems much easier to get a really good driving position.  I have a theory (and it might be rubbish !!) that the seat position is better because the large scale VW development will be done with the VW seats, and because the Recaros are just a bolt on, they are not as 'tuned' to suit the car as the Gti seats. What do you think !? :rolleyes:

Offline simmo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2005, 22:35 »
the seats in the mk5 gti are done by a company called seatek or seat tech think they done a good job keep you held well when cornering dont think it will need recaro just another expense for the name i think

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2005, 20:05 »
the GTI may have good seats but they will never match the standard of a dedicated seat manufacturer like Recaro. The GTI's seats along with other components are manufactured by the lowest bidder whereas the Recaro seats have a larger margin to work with. I"m not saying that the standard seats are crap but if the guy wants better seats at least he knows where to find em.
There's always something better out there and if we're prepared to pay for it then so be it. LIke the fact that I traded in my only 3 month old Astra for the GTI (arrives in 4 days!!)

Offline Q

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2005, 15:52 »
I am hanging on before placing my order in the hope the announcement makes it, but right now, I can't get anything from my local dealer to say if and when, and I'm really keen to see the option price before I go and commit to leather.
Has anybody heard anything more on this?

Cheers
"Q"
Cheers
"Q"

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2005, 13:41 »
i can tell you now that the retro trim seats are much better than the stadard leather in terms of comfort and snugness, i traded a mk4 with recaro leather and even they were not as nice as the new standard trim, i would try a gti with and with out the leather in standard for yourself and see what you think.

The retro seats also pump right to the floor meaning you are squat down in the car when driving and not getting a feeling of being on top of it as per the previous GTI.

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2005, 14:07 »
still suppose to be september time pricing is tbc but youll be looking at £2000+ hopefully this is a typo :P dont know how much they where on mk4's but i think id rather the leather option if i had the choice :D