Author Topic: Nearly got side swiped - vid  (Read 2968 times)

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
Nearly got side swiped - vid
« on: 06 March 2014, 10:33 »
As the title suggests, someone forgot to check his blind spot. One of only a handful of times I've gotten a twitchy arsehole behind the wheel! He did put his hand up to apologise, good job really cos I was ready to give him a right round o' f**ks!!! I admit we were both to blame. I shouldn't have been in his blindspot and he should've checked said blindspot. Lesson learned.

I was joining a dual carriageway from a slip road. The slip road becomes part of the dual carriage way and creates 3 lanes. I stayed in the left lane because I was coming off at the next junction ¼ mile away. I was doing 65mph.

Here's the vid - http://youtu.be/ms_EpYPiKZ4

I was joining a dual carriageway from a slip road. The slip road becomes part of the dual carriage way and creates 3 lanes. I stayed in the left lane because I was coming off at the next junction ¼ mile away. I was doing 65mph.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2014, 11:03 by TheCarMadDad »
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: Nearly got side swiped - vid
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2014, 10:41 »
shouldnt have been undertaking him.

(know we all do it in those situations though)

just be gratefull that everything is ok :)

and from the vid, bet you didnt half get twitchy :D

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2014, 10:44 »
Looking at the road markings, you were undertaking. Yes he should have looked, but you shouldn't have been there. If I were you, I'd take that video down straight away.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2014, 11:02 »
Looking at the road markings, you were undertaking. Yes he should have looked, but you shouldn't have been there. If I were you, I'd take that video down straight away.

No reason to take it down. I didn't accelerate, he slowed down. My car hadn't overtook him when he moved over. I admit that it wasn't solely his fault and that we were both to blame. I've just taken it as a lesson learnt
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2014, 11:26 »
Perhaps it's just me, but I appreciate that we all do things and make mistakes, but why tell the internet about it?

There was a thread a while back when a member posted a video of his new car being involved in a minor accident, then a follow up one of all the damage that had occurred as a result. Now if that was me, I would have preferred to have kept all that to myself.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2014, 12:10 »
Completely off topic. But wasn't there a guy on here four or five years ago who posted a vid of his 2.0mk4 doing top speed. Then got banned from the police? 

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2014, 12:12 »
Yeah I see where you're coming from but it makes for good debate and this is a forum. Anyhow, i'm not ashamed of showing my poor driving  :whistle: and it may make someone else think again if they are ever in a similar position

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2014, 12:30 »
IMO I could see that coming a mile away and I think you should have slowed down a bit.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2014, 12:31 »
IMO I could see that coming a mile away and I think you should have slowed down a bit.

yep, me to in hindsight

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2014, 13:15 »

yep, me to in hindsight

Fair point tbf. All been there at some point. What was you driving?

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.