Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654236 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #3160 on: 20 September 2022, 18:06 »
Does looking at it count as doing something to it  :grin:
Kept Looking at it in the garage  :smiley: as I kept walking past it to get tools to try fix my Leon.  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3161 on: 20 September 2022, 19:05 »
Does looking at it count as doing something to it  :grin:
Kept Looking at it in the garage  :smiley: as I kept walking past it to get tools to try fix my Leon.  :grin:
Only if you stroked it gently at the same time :smiley:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3162 on: 21 September 2022, 13:30 »
 :huh:  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3163 on: 22 September 2022, 13:46 »

Did the 'driving top up' go okay? :grin:. I do hope the white knuckle ride hasn't meant your passenger side door handle now has a permanent impression of your hand on it; coupled with a phantom brake pedal mark in the passenger footwell?  :wink:

Your GTI is still looking very tidy for a twelve year old car, paintwork looks awesome - she shines up very nice indeed.  It's clearly been well looked after.  :cool:

Success!!  :laugh: Passed first time with 2 minors. Having been a passenger during his practice it has made me analyse my driving a bit more carefully :grin:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3164 on: 26 September 2022, 13:57 »
Changed the rear pads after 95k miles. Rear brakes don't seem to get much use except from learner drivers not releasing the handbrake soon enough when practicing hill starts :smiley:.

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3165 on: 07 October 2022, 10:52 »

Did the 'driving top up' go okay? :grin:. I do hope the white knuckle ride hasn't meant your passenger side door handle now has a permanent impression of your hand on it; coupled with a phantom brake pedal mark in the passenger footwell?  :wink:

Your GTI is still looking very tidy for a twelve year old car, paintwork looks awesome - she shines up very nice indeed.  It's clearly been well looked after.  :cool:

Success!!  :laugh: Passed first time with 2 minors. Having been a passenger during his practice it has made me analyse my driving a bit more carefully :grin:

Great news on your grandson's pass.  Still remember that sense of freedom when I passed eons ago, then having to ask the parents if I could borrow the car.  :grin:  I'm sure there have been a few changes in learner driver teaching techniques since learning to drive, and you may have slipped into a couple of bad habits  :whistle: So I bet there have been learning points on both sides when you helped top up your grandson's lessons.  :grin:
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3166 on: 07 October 2022, 22:27 »

Great news on your grandson's pass.  Still remember that sense of freedom when I passed eons ago, then having to ask the parents if I could borrow the car.  :grin:  I'm sure there have been a few changes in learner driver teaching techniques since learning to drive, and you may have slipped into a couple of bad habits  :whistle: So I bet there have been learning points on both sides when you helped top up your grandson's lessons.  :grin:
[/quote]

Yes learnt the latest driving hints for passing the test from him. Going to let his mum take the pain of insurance on her leon :smiley:

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3167 on: 15 October 2022, 17:07 »
Had two new tyres fitted today. Talked to the tyre fitter in the office after fitting and commented that I was interested in seeing how the Michelins compared with the old Goodyear F1s. Oh he said I have just fitted two new Goodyear!!  :rolleyes: Had to laugh though. Fortunately the tyre depot takes good care with fitting so no marks on the diamond cut alloys.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3168 on: 15 October 2022, 21:22 »
 :grin: Reminds me I need new tyres for mine 
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3169 on: 21 October 2022, 09:39 »

Going to let his mum take the pain of insurance on her leon :smiley:

Have a look at Marmalade Insurance.

The new driver has there own policy that allows them to drive a family members car. They build there own no claims that way. We've just done it for our daughter. Bought a 2012 Polo, insured it for us for £170, then she bought her bolt on policy for £750.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.