Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654111 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2680 on: 29 June 2015, 15:48 »
Booked it in for its 3rd service next Weds.  This will be the last service whilst the car is in my ownership before it makes way for the R.  Asked them to check out a creaking noise form the front end at the same time. 

Whist the service girl was taking details over the phone, she said, “oh yes, you’re the lady who doesn’t want her car washing”  Oh no! my reputation precedes me  :embarrassed:  :laugh::  The big 'no washing this car' sign has obviously worked  :evil:  They also apparently don’t service many GTI’s!!

Also booked in for MOT in August.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2015, 15:50 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Moon

• Just got here
« Reply #2681 on: 29 June 2015, 19:40 »
Fiddled around with the short shift kit I installed on Thursday. No problems with first gear now. Next up, engine bay clean!

Offline Sukhy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2682 on: 29 June 2015, 21:08 »
Retrofitted fog lights onto my Match 2.0 TDI Bluemotion!

Offline Norvwich

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2683 on: 01 July 2015, 12:54 »
A day of lows then highs.....

Had a horrendous idle today, car was throwing lean codes every 5 mins, misfiring and CEL on. Pretty much jumped for joy when I found it was just the PCV return hose to my intake had popped off. 30 seconds later running like a dream again... :smug:

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2684 on: 05 July 2015, 23:13 »
Fair amount of upgrades

Installed Led tail lights, uploaded bluefin map and fitted 'performance' air filter!

Not sure of the power gains with the map but torque is definitely noticeable! Car feels even better to drive than before.

Still needs a good wash though

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2685 on: 06 July 2015, 20:27 »
Fair amount of upgrades

Installed Led tail lights, uploaded bluefin map and fitted 'performance' air filter!

Not sure of the power gains with the map but torque is definitely noticeable! Car feels even better to drive than before.

Still needs a good wash though

Where did you buy bluefin map from ? Is it easy to install ? An which air filter you install ?

Am looking to buy one am in northwest

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2686 on: 06 July 2015, 21:26 »
Had a cheeky little Revo remap whilst at GTI International over the weekend and a weekend on the ClubGTI stand. great weekend in the sun

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2687 on: 06 July 2015, 21:37 »
Reverse camera installed. Technically installed today although I started yesterday but ran out of time. Is it worth it. Yes. Would I do it again. NOPE!
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline CaptainCaveman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2688 on: 07 July 2015, 08:15 »
VWR cold air intake installed bought from GTI International at the weekend at a good price! Sound is addictive and certainly pulls better in the higher rev range. Engine bay looks bare now without the great big stock air filter in there!  :laugh:

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2689 on: 07 July 2015, 12:46 »
I got it from Demon Tweeks who are official stockists. 360 for bluefin + kn air filter. Filter is nothing special but you can certainly feel better throttle response (retails at 40ish). And bluefin is very easy to install (need to have access to PC though, doesn't work for Mac). Overall for someone who needed light mods for occasional spirited drives it's perfect as you can take the map off anytime.

Hopefully this weekend I can take it out for a real spin and stretch the cars legs!