Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653228 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2650 on: 07 June 2015, 19:05 »
Gave it a clean, polish and wax;

Those wheels are something else! I was looking at trying to get a set for mine, don't see them very often.

Lovely looking car.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2651 on: 07 June 2015, 19:48 »
Those wheels are something else! I was looking at trying to get a set for mine, don't see them very often.

Lovely looking car.

Thanks VWhitehawk for your comments. The picture probably shows it at its best; after 14 hours or washing, decontamination, machine polishing, waxing, dressing the plastics and tyres and cleaning the glass! My arms ached after that lot,  :grin:

When I was looking for wheels last year, I narrowed the choice down to VW Motorsports and VW Rotary's. As the dealer couldn't get 18" Motorsports in anthracite, that left the Rotary's. I'm really pleased with them, and I don't think I've seen another mk6 with Rotary's, but I think they suit the car well.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2652 on: 08 June 2015, 15:48 »
Taught my son how to drive in it. He's been able to drive my DSG for a couple of years, but I thought it was about time he learned to drive a manual. He is 11 after all.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2653 on: 08 June 2015, 16:10 »
Taught my son how to drive in it. He's been able to drive my DSG for a couple of years, but I thought it was about time he learned to drive a manual. He is 11 after all.

They are never too young.  My 8 year old is constantly in her go kart and wants to know all the manoeuvres, rules etc. She yesterday had me chalk out road markings on the patio and parking bays which she is now quite adept at reverse parking into.  Had to set up an area of pretend road works too (well, this is Britain, lol).  Not the same as the real thing, but it's a start.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2654 on: 08 June 2015, 16:21 »
My boy is a dab hand at manouvering too.

When we get to a caravan site, he takes over the driving and reversing it onto the pitch. More often than not he gets it on the button first time, which gets some funny looks from the 'neighbours' who cant reverse a trailer for toffee and have to rely on a remote control mover.  :grin:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2655 on: 08 June 2015, 16:37 »
My boy is a dab hand at manouvering too.

When we get to a caravan site, he takes over the driving and reversing it onto the pitch. More often than not he gets it on the button first time, which gets some funny looks from the 'neighbours' who cant reverse a trailer for toffee and have to rely on a remote control mover.  :grin:

Remote control mover, that's a new one on me!  Should these people be allowed caravans if they can't reverse them??  :huh:

My daughter likes doing handbrake turns on the go kart.  Hate to break the news to her that by the time she's able to drive properly, there won't be any such thing.  Still coming to terms with that myself  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2656 on: 08 June 2015, 17:53 »
Remote control mover, that's a new one on me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5T2J8fiJuU

Those of us with Grandads rights to tow trailers and drive lorries up to 7.5T will unfortunately always be allowed, but I guess that's why young uns have to take additional tests these days.

Offline Mike911

• Just got here
« Reply #2657 on: 14 June 2015, 23:53 »
Bought it!
338 miles each way to Northampton and worth every minute  :cool:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2658 on: 14 June 2015, 23:58 »
Bought it!
338 miles each way to Northampton and worth every minute  :cool:

Pics?  Spec?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2659 on: 18 June 2015, 17:50 »
Put in the summer mats, all protected with Gtechniq I1 beforehand. Never used this before so interested to see what it's like

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive