Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654217 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2480 on: 23 March 2015, 16:22 »
Someone etched "Clean Me" into my bootlid!!!!!!!!! Fuming.
Thankfully, over the weekend my uncle helped me wet sand and machine polish it out and finished with some GTechniq. Now I have a mirrored boot lid and the rest of the car swirled lol

Also.................3 of my wheels have developed whiteworm over the winter. I popped down to my VW but unfortunately my cars past the 3 year warranty for replacement..this may call for a new set of wheels. BBS CH-R I reckon

I've also got some new tyres recently. Got myself some Goodyear F1 A2's. Amazing set of tyres, probably the best purchase for my car i've made

That's awful mate.  When I first read it I thought you meant they's just written it in the dirt, but to have actually scratched it on!!  Well now you've polished that bit, you'll have to do the rest to match  :laugh:

At least you've got some nice new tyres to help you over your rage.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2481 on: 23 March 2015, 16:36 »
Must be like getting a new car again  :smiley:

It is Rebecca :) especially after driving an automatic Ford transit minibus and an Isuzu pickup for that time away  :sick:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2482 on: 25 March 2015, 21:10 »
Power folding mirrors and controllers arrived today  :grin:

2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2483 on: 25 March 2015, 23:34 »
though about selling it and getting a MK2 or Mk3 focus ST. Getting board of my golf  :sad:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2484 on: 26 March 2015, 10:22 »
though about selling it and getting a MK2 or Mk3 focus ST. Getting board of my golf  :sad:

Would you consider swapping your GTI for my GTD to trade in then? :P
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2485 on: 26 March 2015, 21:03 »

Ha ha ha.....I have never owned a diesel and i dont plan to any time soon.......sorry mate  :tongue:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2486 on: 27 March 2015, 14:16 »

Ha ha ha.....I have never owned a diesel and i dont plan to any time soon.......sorry mate  :tongue:

Was hopeful! Worth a try
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline JIMMYBRODIE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2487 on: 28 March 2015, 14:13 »
ANTGTD please let me know how easy they are to fit? Thanks

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2488 on: 29 March 2015, 10:05 »
ANTGTD please let me know how easy they are to fit? Thanks

Will do. THINK i have also found the correct controller to enable folding off the remote when you lock the car but i'm just waiting on confirmation from somebody who has already done the mod.

With regards to fitting the mirrors it really shouldn't take that long as for all intense and purposes it is a case of unplug the old and plug in the new. :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2489 on: 29 March 2015, 10:59 »
With regards to fitting the mirrors it really shouldn't take that long as for all intense and purposes it is a case of unplug the old and plug in the new. :)

You will need to take the door card of as the mirrors plug into door module near the middle of the door.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.