Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654123 times)

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2350 on: 24 January 2015, 11:53 »
Hahaha, teeth are still chattering 

Going from 32°C to -1°C and snow was a bit of a shock to the system.  Still, can't moan too much as returning to maldives in August  :tongue:

Onto the serious business of ordering an R this weekend.
[/quote]

Wow, you must of enjoyed it there ! I hope the flights were good for you !

Good luck ordering the R - let us know the spec you finalise on, last weekend in jan has to be a good negotiation point. Sales must be quiet at the moment.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2351 on: 24 January 2015, 15:23 »
Wow, you must of enjoyed it there ! I hope the flights were good for you !

Good luck ordering the R - let us know the spec you finalise on, last weekend in jan has to be a good negotiation point. Sales must be quiet at the moment.

We love it there and are regular visitors, August will be our 7th visit.  Flights were great, but unfortunately BA are not flying there this summer for some reason (restart flights winter 15/16), so will be flying Emirates via Dubai. Shame as the BA direct flight is great  :smiley:

I'm likely ordering the broker route so 12% discount guaranteed.  I've had hit and miss results with local dealer in the past and can't really be bothered sitting in the showroom for hours whilst the salesman hops back and forth to the omnipotent sales manager, quibbling over every last  penny  :rolleyes:

Waiting on a couple phone calls/emails so order will be finalised next week, but spec is:

5 door DSG
Deep Black Pearl
19" Pretorias
Dynaudio
Black Vienna Leather
DCC
Discover Nav
Rear cam
Keyless
High beam assist
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2352 on: 24 January 2015, 15:36 »

Waiting on a couple phone calls/emails so order will be finalised next week, but spec is:

5 door DSG
Deep Black Pearl
19" Pretorias
Dynaudio
Black Vienna Leather
DCC
Discover Nav
Rear cam
Keyless
High beam assist

Nice spec. Whoever buys your mk6 will be getting a stunning car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2353 on: 24 January 2015, 17:50 »
When buying through a broker that offers a good discount, what happens about the px value? Big discounts are all well and good, but as we all know, it's the cost to change that matters.

I guess the best way is to sell privately and buy a £1000 Mk4 TDI to ride round in until the new car is ready. The problem with doing that is driving an old car is very liberating and will make you question whether or not to leave your £30k in the bank.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2354 on: 24 January 2015, 18:34 »
When buying through a broker that offers a good discount, what happens about the px value? Big discounts are all well and good, but as we all know, it's the cost to change that matters.

I guess the best way is to sell privately and buy a £1000 Mk4 TDI to ride round in until the new car is ready. The problem with doing that is driving an old car is very liberating and will make you question whether or not to leave your £30k in the bank.

Of course it's the cost to change that matters.  As you know, great discount usually equals poor/average px, and good px equals average discount.  As long as the combined discount / px comes in around the budgeted figure then all is well. 

Some brokers don't do px at all, and some do.  Previously I have px'd with a broker dealership and was happy with the price.  My local dealership offer both measly discount and laughingly low px prices so that route is a waste of time.

Private sale is an option but it's a lot of cash for someone to part with the without the backup of an approved used vehicle service and a warranty.  Getting a temporary run around'?  Maybe, but unlikely I'll be seduced into keeping a diesel  :tongue: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mickmk6

• Not said much yet
  • Mk7.5 PP 3Door Manual - Indium Grey
« Reply #2355 on: 24 January 2015, 19:09 »
Made it nice and shiny and then fitted some nightbreakers. Looks much better now!

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2356 on: 24 January 2015, 21:00 »
Launch test in the R.   :evil:

http://youtu.be/2Yxsr1Ofgr8
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2357 on: 26 January 2015, 22:05 »
Just cheated on it with an R by pressing 'BUY' on the Drive the deal website  :cry:  :evil: :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2358 on: 26 January 2015, 22:17 »
Wow what do you go for?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2359 on: 26 January 2015, 22:23 »
Wow what do you go for?

5 door DSG
Deep Black Pearl - because I'm a sucker for punishment and saves buying a different coloured pot of wax  :grin:
19" Pretorias
Dynaudio
Black Vienna Leather
DCC
Discover Nav
Voice activation
Rear camera
Keyless
High beam assist
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual