Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653794 times)

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2270 on: 03 January 2015, 17:54 »
The seat belt chimes are one of the most annoying features of most cars these days. In one of my cars (A Ford product) it involved me tracking down the source of the chime and ripping it out. What a nag! And its not as though I drive without the seat belt, its just that few seconds when you move the car occasionally.

The Golf is particularly annoying if you put a bit of shopping on the passenger seat.

:)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2271 on: 03 January 2015, 18:44 »
I quite like the winking fogs. I've even set mine to come on when reverse is selected, as that's how they came on my Passat. Whilst I was at it I set the fogs to be used as coming/leaving home lamps just to be different. Another useful box tick is to set the coming home lights to Auto, so that you don't have to activate them with the flasher stalk.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2272 on: 03 January 2015, 18:49 »
Hate the winking fogs on other cars. Looks like ur a dork running fogs in good weather but ones failed  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2273 on: 03 January 2015, 22:17 »
No probs Chuff  :smiley:

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2274 on: 04 January 2015, 18:15 »
I quite like the winking fogs. I've even set mine to come on when reverse is selected, as that's how they came on my Passat. Whilst I was at it I set the fogs to be used as coming/leaving home lamps just to be different. Another useful box tick is to set the coming home lights to Auto, so that you don't have to activate them with the flasher stalk.

Is all this done in Vagcom? i may need to find a local garage that can go through some of the settings available for me  :grin:

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2275 on: 04 January 2015, 18:16 »
I think I have started a trend in my family ... there are now 3 Golfs in the family, a MK6 GTI & GTD and a Mk7 GTI, is it time i change to an R or something different  :whistle:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2276 on: 04 January 2015, 18:21 »

Is all this done in Vagcom? i may need to find a local garage that can go through some of the settings available for me  :grin:

Where in the West Midlands are you? I'm about 25 mins the other side of Bridgnorth if you want a ride over.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2277 on: 04 January 2015, 18:31 »

Where in the West Midlands are you? I'm about 25 mins the other side of Bridgnorth if you want a ride over.

Ahh, I might take you up on that offer if you don't mind, I'm only in Kidderminster.  :smiley: Be good to see how it all works as well   :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2278 on: 04 January 2015, 20:46 »
Kidder is about 40 minutes from here, over Clee Hill to Ludlow, then turn right.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2279 on: 04 January 2015, 20:56 »
Kidder is about 40 minutes from here, over Clee Hill to Ludlow, then turn right.

Ahh I know the road well, towards Craven Arms, work in that area all the way down to Hereford.