Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108278 times)

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2021, 13:06 »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2021, 13:20 »
That's what this thread was for

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287670.0
I saw that one, everyone in there is 45. My intention was to gather info on the standard clubsport as this will differ from newly placed 45 orders.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2021, 14:23 »
Oh sorry yeah. Forgot there was a non 45 lol
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2021, 14:38 »
Just had some news from my dealer in regards to why its been pushed back again.. Its due to the model year changes. Apparently these haven't been decided yet, once confirmed i should start to see it come forward and get a confirmed build week.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 29 June 2021, 15:52 »
posted elsewhere but in terms of tracking

- Spec: Dolphin, Estorils, DCC, HK, Park Assist, Rev Cam, Pan Roof, HUD, Winter Pack
- Order processed with dealer 21-April (via DTD)
- Repurposed car already at stage 2 from dealer. Originally told to expect Sept but was dependent on covid and chip supply
- had 4 update texts saying now at stage 2 (but its always been stage 2....)
- update as of 25th June from dealer: The factory are making 2022 model year changes (from July production onwards vehicles will be built to 2022 model year), I phoned VW UK, they said the factory are still sorting out orders from these model year changes, so this is why you may have had a few text, on our system it is not currently displaying an estimated build week

With the spec I have I am assuming the worst due to likelihood of multiple chip suppliers being involved....
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2021, 16:00 »
Keen to see what the 2022 will have different on it? Seems a bit early in it's model life to add anything on as standard? Winter pack back as a standard feature maybe?
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2021, 16:03 »
Keen to see what the 2022 will have different on it? Seems a bit early in it's model life to add anything on as standard? Winter pack back as a standard feature maybe?

It might be small things like the door card material/ armrest cover like in Volkswizards ED45 video?

Also saw a post on here about the possibility of the speed limiter being added to MY22 cars
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2021, 16:20 »
Should have the speed limiter on a MY22.

Might be a few other little changes too...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2021, 16:24 »

It might be small things like the door card material/ armrest cover like in Volkswizards ED45 video?

Also saw a post on here about the possibility of the speed limiter being added to MY22 cars

Speed limiters are to become mandatory - I think from sometime in 2022. If so, then it’ll be one of the MY22 changes. As for other MY22 changes - I wouldn’t expect anything much as the Clubsport was only launched (I think) in Dec 2020, so current spec is still ‘fresh’ and it might be too early in the model’s lifecycle for spec updates and changes.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2021, 17:28 »
My dealer forwarded me a bulletin from VW a few weeks ago with my22 changes and there was nothing much in it, nothing for the performance Golfs anyway. Just a few trim/spec changes for models lower down the range.

As for me, I ordered a CS in mid May. Silver, Estoroils, DCC, winter pack, camera.

At that stage I was preparing for a 5+ month wait and the dealer subsequently sent me a VW bulletin (along with the above MY22 stuff) that performance Golfs were indeed facing big delays and not to expect to see it before October.

But then, oddly, a week or 10 days later, he told me its up on the system at BW27 and appeared to be locked in / "frozen" to that week. I checked again last week and it was still on course for that. That's next week! I'll check in with him later this week to see if its still on course for building next week...

Very strange anyway, considering what I was told initially about huge delays, and the delays others are seeing.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.