Author Topic: OldMrToads 2.0 Avantgarde Pink Floyd  (Read 3881 times)

Offline OldMrToad

• Just got here
OldMrToads 2.0 Avantgarde Pink Floyd
« on: 27 June 2021, 22:41 »
Hi all

New member with a 2.0 Avantgarde Pink Floyd Edition. Bought during Lockdown #1 in an attempt to revisit my youth (had a Mk 1 cab as a teenager), coupled with being a big Floyd fan, I couldn't *not* buy it !

Turns out there's lots wrong with it, but low mileage, and very very few left. My plan basically is to restore it and hang onto it forever.

The car had had some questionable mods in it's past, which I'm gradually rectifying. It's taken nearly a whole year to source a correct Floyd gear knob for it, and then having it and the steering wheel retrimmed. Finding a NOS airbox to replace the crappy cone filter that had been fitted in the past took a while too, although I suspect the cone filter has buggered up the MAS. Likewise, finding the Pioneer CD player with the Floyd branding took a bit of searching but eventually I got a NOS one from Italy.

It's got some running issues, lumpy tickover, cuts out randomly, judders under heavy acceleration particularly in 2nd and 3rd but it was drivable. However, the cluster has just died which means it's in the garage for now. Problems, problems ...

I need to get her running right before I drop any more money on getting it painted and a new hood etc fitted.

Offline hardmonkeys

• I live here
Re: OldMrToads 2.0 Avantgarde Pink Floyd
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2022, 20:45 »
will be keeping an eye on this!
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk