Author Topic: Europa blue 8v gti project  (Read 15202 times)

Offline Renman8957

• Not said much yet
Europa blue 8v gti project
« on: 20 June 2016, 14:16 »
Hi guys, been quite a while since I've been on here with my MK2 1.3 a few years ago, but now I've just got myself a Mk3 8v Gti in Europa Blue Mica. Long story short I'd seen the car sat for a few months down the road from me, a work colleague got talking to the guy about it, got a price and I pretty much had to have it at that point so now its a fixture in the driveway. Only just out of MOT so might not take too much to get it through but I'll not hold myself to that.
photo storage
photo storage
First things first it needed a deep inside declutter and clean so out came the trusty wetvac, steering wheel was green but as you can see its back to standard now luckily
photo storage
photo storage
photo storage
Yes that gearknob is going, its not even attached. Next up was the exterior. Used ODK Arctic Snowfoam, then ODK Jet shampoo with a lambs wool mitt, followed by a clay mitt and a coat of FK1000p sealant just to keep it looking this way for a while. Definitely needs a polish up and a few areas need the rust looked at but doesn't appear to be too bad for its ages. Definitely got a list to get through
image hosting over 10mb
photo uploading
imgurl
image hosting websites
image hosting websites
So from cleaning it up I've gathered a list of parts I need and work that needs done, so far this is it:

New Battery - done

New Drivers seat/interior

Replace/reglue headliner as its all saggy- ripped old one out, need replacement

Passenger Rear Window Regulator

Gearknob- replaced

Tyres

Engine Mounts
« Last Edit: 20 June 2016, 15:21 by Renman8957 »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Europa blue 8v gti project
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2016, 18:59 »
Thats not a bad list of things todo. Looks quite tidy for a mk3 aswell

Offline Renman8957

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2016, 19:15 »
Cheers Lemski, its a short list to get me going, but I'm sure I'll be adding away to it haha. Neighbour has a very tidy mk3 and just so happened to have a spare scuttle tray and let me have it, so fitted that earlier as mine was broken into a few bits and very cracked

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2016, 17:21 »
nice purchase, and a lovely colour. look forward to seeing it develop  :smiley:

Offline Renman8957

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2016, 18:25 »
Thanks Jimmydub. Probably be a month or so until a bigger update anyway, alot going on atm and no hurry with the project. May stick it through MOT soon just to see what it fails on. If it was a newer car I'd be worried about doing that since you can check a cars MOT history, but I've been through its history and it hasn't passed one first time yet haha only done 4k since its last MOT which ran out at the start of May this year so may not be too bad if anything

Offline EverettKh

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2017, 06:07 »
Cheers Lemski, its a short list to get me going, but I'm sure I'll be adding away to it haha. Neighbour has a very tidy mk3 and just so happened to have a spare scuttle tray and let me have it, so fitted that earlier as mine was broken into a few bits and very cracked

With a bit of work this could end up a very nice car. That old steering wheel def needs to go though.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2021, 22:27 by EverettKh »