Author Topic: mk3 20VT  (Read 44819 times)

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Re: SCREECH 16V + 4
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2013, 19:37 »
Sounds awesome!! I want a 1.8t now just so it can sound like that  :evil:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2013, 19:44 »

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2013, 19:55 »
Thanks guys ,going to put my schmidhts back on soon,had my fill of orange longbeach  :laugh: ,then I will make a plan for the long over due bodywork,as its looking very natural rat at the mo,sill covers will be coming off!

Offline stow1985

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2013, 20:38 »
Natural rat...yes yes yes  :cool:

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTI Anniversary 16v
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2013, 21:22 »
Sounds mint!!!

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #25 on: 09 February 2013, 17:14 »
Well thought I would do the cam belt today,what a ballache that turned out to be,should have taken an hour tops,my set up doesn't use the normal 1.8t tensioner as it was changed for a 16v tensioner because the motor was originaly going in a mk1,i had a new 16v tensioner knocking about so I decided to save a few quid and use that along with a new contitech belt,so off came the old belt and tensioner and on with the new parts, marks all lined up I tightened the tensioner bolt and  I felt the bolt go loose  :angry: ,i wound it back out and out with it came bits of alu thread,so why did this happen?, who ever did the tensioner conversion had used a bolt that was to short so was only into the thread by about a 1/4" :shocked: I am really surprised it didn't come out and wreck my engine,so cleared the hole and weighed up my options, I next measured the depth of the hole and thank god 3/4" deep so I knew I had about 1/2" of good thread left,so out came an m10 tap and very carefully wound it in praying it would land square onto the good remaining threads, bingo it went in and picked up perfect,  time to stop panicking  :grin: .So this time I used a piece of m10  threaded bar and wound it in right to the back of the hole and topped it of with a new washer and nyloc nut,put it all back together and fired her up ,so that's another job to cross off the list ha.I was sweating out a little at one point,thought I might have had to buy the correct tensioner for a minuite  :grin:
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 19:15 by Screech16v »

Offline stow1985

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 February 2013, 22:56 »
phew...close shave

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #27 on: 10 February 2013, 09:06 »
nice ride man! sounds great with the custom exhaust :)

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #28 on: 10 February 2013, 10:53 »
Thanks guys means a lot a keeps me going on this   :wink:
Really need to start doing the bodywork on this as its suffered a bit through this winter and is looking a bit crusty in places,need a passenger side wing as the bottom is rotten ,a rear door has a hole lurking behind a scab and has got various dents and scratches all over,can feel a full respray coming on somepoint this year.

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #29 on: 10 February 2013, 11:40 »
Thanks guys means a lot a keeps me going on this   :wink:
Really need to start doing the bodywork on this as its suffered a bit through this winter and is looking a bit crusty in places,need a passenger side wing as the bottom is rotten ,a rear door has a hole lurking behind a scab and has got various dents and scratches all over,can feel a full respray coming on somepoint this year.

how are the old 'sills doing?