Author Topic: RichardBaronGolf - grey 16v  (Read 31864 times)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
Re: RichardBaronGolf - grey 16v
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2012, 01:49 »
Been so busy and my computers broke so on my cousins :)

Have a new 4 - 2- 1 Manifold for the golf, pics up soon! Might make a video of how it sounds once its fitted!

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2013, 12:25 »
Finally got a new computer and back on the internet, Will upload some pictures of the manifold soon!

Decided to buy a de-cat aswell so updates of that when I have it! Starting to shape up nicely :)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2013, 21:23 »
I know this is starting to become a bit word heavy, My apologies, I don't have a smart phone or camera so have to rely on mates but I promise on Saturday there will be pics of updates!

Quick update the new exhaust system is blowing its bloody annoying and its coming from the two flanges that meet where the manifold joins the cat. Just had a crack at tightening the nuts but tiny trolley jack couldn't take the car high enough tightened one up and it seemed to help.

However I just discovered a nice big hole in the floor of the car, at least I know how the condensations getting in! Its under the drivers door and about two apples in width and one apple wide :P Shouldn't be too difficult for my cousin to weld... Will have pics of this work on Saturday :)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 February 2013, 20:37 »
Haven't got no pics of the hole and the welding that's been done.. yet. What I do have is a few pics of after I washed her the other day and more importantly, The cars black trim especially the front bumper and rear bumper trim were grey/whitish very faded!

So I popped down to B&Q's and picked up some linseed oil, very recommend restored them nicely! Pics:

Before Linseed oil

Contrast

Rear Bumper after linseed!

Washed photos!

Hope you all liked, the pics don't do it complete justice linseed oils worked a treat!

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2013, 13:38 »
Car had the coolant changed with new antifreeze and gearbox oil today!

Here are the pictures of the three rust spots on the car which will be getting sanded, sorted and sprayed this Saturday. I'll post the results up when its done! :)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2013, 16:26 »
So the cars visible rusty bits have been sprayed.. That's the good news! The not so good news is that when the arches come off there is a lot of rot  :sick: It looks as though new arches are going to have been welded in  :cry: I am also unsure of the condition of the side skirt under the lower trim cover so this will also be have looked into! As bad as it is as long as its saveable it will be done I'm too attached to this car to get rid of it  :whistle: Anyways as promise (not great) but pictures none the less:

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2013, 20:25 »
[/URL. [URL=http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/redbaron14/media/image_zps14bce577.jpg.html] haven't posted in here in a while as funds slowed but now I drive the cranes at work things are picking back up! Woo, took these pictures earlier one is a sticker that I found whilst cleaning it was under the chair anyone know what the number etc means? the second is just under the oil cap! As I know there is rot on the sills and rear arches I'm going to take it to a proper body shop to find out the extent of the problem and then go from there, ill update you when I know what's happening next! :)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2013, 19:39 »
Cars just having maintainace atm as saving up for a holiday for me and the missus!

Front pads and discs were changed today, Rear discs and pads could be because the backing plate to them which i had not predicted were rotted and the nuts were just spinning on them so gonna order some new ones and sort that next week :)

Oil has once again be changed using fuchs titan 5w 40 fully synthetic! covered 12000 miles since owning her now of pretty much trouble free motoring :D

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
Exhaust
« Reply #18 on: 27 August 2013, 19:40 »
Finally some progress!

Booked into Pipecraft on Saturday to have a complete new exhaust from the manifold to the back box! Pictures to follow !

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2013, 12:52 »
Me being me I didn't take any photo's of it on the ramp -.- Getting the rear disc and pads done soon so i'll get other pics of the joints whilst its jacked up! In the meantime here's some rubbish photos... Also next stop is the body shop ;)