Author Topic: RichardBaronGolf - grey 16v  (Read 31862 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
RichardBaronGolf - grey 16v
« on: 24 November 2012, 15:35 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
Re: RichardBaronGolf - grey 16v
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2012, 23:12 »
I will write my first post here tomorrow evening (Sunday)

Off to bed now, Paint balling tomorrow! 

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2012, 16:52 »
Right as promised the first post, little bit late my bad, I've been busy!

I bought the car around a month ago now, It came with a few modifications which are, lowered suspension and a cat back exhaust system.

The car has 103000 miles on the clock. It came with a stack of receipts and looked very well looked after, I paid £875 in the end for it so overall, I'm happy.

Since owning the car the first thing I done was ordered a full service kit, Using NGK spark plugs and Shell's 10w40 Oil. The car runs sweetly although even after the service it seems to take a while to fire up. I check the dizzy and rotor arm and they needed replacing so that was the next step, after replacing these there was no difference in the time it took the car to fire, I now suspect it may be something to do with the autochoke.

After seeing the Opie Oils offer for a club discount I ordered a K&N induction kit, After fitting it the car seems to be pulling much better and it seems to have have made the exhaust note sound a bit more raspy. Happy with all the above progress I decided to start on the exterior I bought some Morrettes from my cousin for 30 quid they were cracked and in need of a spray, £30 later after giving them to my friend Barry Robbens they look brand new and it took me 10 minutes to fit them to my car, finished in Matt black!

All the above destroyed my pay pack this month along with other bits and bobs but I will be getting paid tomorrow, The next plan I have is to have a few spots of rust touched in and have the red pinstripe put on the bumper! :)

Heres a few pics of the car when I picked it up, Updates of how it looks now due soon!

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2012, 17:44 »
Pictures of the updates coming soon!

Had a scare yesterday I turnt the engine over and noticed the tappets sounded louder than usual, I switched it off and checked the oil and found a oil leak under the car, It had lost a massive amount of oil and I started to expect the worst.

Turnt out to just be the oil pressure switch was completely nakered thank god!

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2012, 13:47 »

As promised pictures of the beast ;) The filter is a K&N induction kit and headlights are genuine hella morretes, the cover were smashed to bits before my mate fixed and sprayed them, more updates coming soon :)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2012, 15:19 »
Cars being Moped, polished and waxed tomorrow make the paint shine like it use too ;)

Thought I'd write a quick list of the plans up to January:

New 4-2-1 Manifold
3 rust spots sprayed in
Black trim resprayed
Red pinstripe
New alloys

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2012, 20:51 »
Its now being moped and etc. on satuday, work put me on the 12 hour shift thursday and friday and in saturday morning! Pics to follow!

Offline jonnybravo

• Not said much yet
  • trackday weapon
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2012, 07:59 »
Nice clean looking example there mate, lovely colour aswell although the quad headlamps ain't my cuppa t but each to there own

Set of Porsche d90's would really set that off

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 15 December 2012, 22:38 »
Thanks fella, Nice to see someone commenting on this thread. I've started to go off the morretes already think I should have had them sprayed the same colour to match the car :/

The car should be having a respray in the summer however so I'll look into it then, Its staying the colour it is just want it looking super clean. More updates coming soon, Bit of maintenance and thinking of getting some new rubber!

I was thinking Ats cups, But I want to find something different.

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2012, 17:12 »
Will be buying a little something on Wednesday for the golf, Watch this space ;)