Author Topic: MK3 gti 16v- HARRY build. Condom based paint  (Read 22927 times)

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
MK3 gti 16v- HARRY build. Condom based paint
« on: 18 October 2012, 14:56 »
Hi,

I have been a regular watcher on Golfgti for a while now but don’t really post much and haven’t got a build so I thought it was about time I pulled my finger out and got cracking.
I bought my P-reg mk3 16v in april of a forum member. Travelled down to Stevenage met a decent fella who was honest and knew his stuff. Next thing I am giving it a good goback up to Lincoln.
When I bought the golf it this was the spec…

Golf Gti 16v FOR SALE fairly good condition tax till July and mot till September it has been lowered all round it has Audi a3 pepper pots with falken tyres all round bout 6 months old, cat back powerflow exhaust mileage is 106000 2 x front windows don’t work but I’m replacing the window regulators within the next week does have a few marks but nothing major any questions giz a shout im open to offers as just need it to go now as I’m getting a new motor thanks for looking : )
There was a few bits of surface rust but as a whole it was a tidy mk3. Sills had no rust, they had been bent I guess from dodgy Jack’in but no root.
And this is how he looked.

Sorry I do not have any other photos really as I never saved them from the for sale thread.
Went to a local meet a picked up some THULE roof racks at a very reasonable price, test fitted them but not a fan- in the shed they go!

So next job was a wheel change as I thought the pepperpots were a little dark and not a massive fan of black wheels….
So I bought some tt comps of a barber in wales lol

Then headed to Brigg to meet ‘lewis1641’ for a set of tyres….nice one Dave

So I had the new wheels ready to go so on they went.

Also had a new set of lights as the GTI seemed really dark. Ebay and a few days waiting around.
Lights on.

Was a bit of a slow few months as money was a little tight so here are a few things that got done over the next few months.

Black a,b,c pillars

New headunit

Strut brace (thanks to LowLifeDubber)

New steering wheel as mine was losing chunks rapidly ( thanks adi)

Got rid of the quads and bought some GTI lights and joey’d them.

Pressed plates

I also forgot to mention that I cannot go much lower atm as I live on a street with three deadly speed humps so even though the coils are in the shed waiting they will not be going on just yet. This is what happened when running the vr splitter in a matter of days

Got given a present on my lunch one day, DUB LOVE <3

VR6 door cards

So after all this he looked a little like this.

No massive changes but I think he looks a lot better with new shoes and gti lights
So I decided to give him a nice clean. Got the snow foam out and had a blast. This stuff is the nuts and quite a laugh to use.

I should also add at this point I am a TIT. After being told not to wash my engine bay with a power washer I did it anyways which resulted in this.

It cost me a new coil pack and I also got water in the spark plug wells. Manged to clean the water out using a compressor as I could not seem to get the water out any other way. All fixed and back on the road. Bit annoying but was my own fault. I do have a cleanish bay now though  :smiley:

A few weeks later I help Gary drag a dogg of a VR6 back using the valver and it had no problems.

Thanks for looking and more to come.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2012, 15:15 by laitymk3 »

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
Re: MK3 gti 16v- HARRY build.
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2012, 15:39 »
Those wheels transformed the car.

Tip for a build thread - don't post pics of your car next to gaz's immaculate mk3 haha

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2012, 15:48 »
i think the reason i disliked the pepperpots was they seemed so skinny, these fill the arches a bit better.

I know what you mean about pictures next to Garys car, it is slightly depressing but then again he only has 90bhp ;)

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2012, 19:36 »
For now  :kiss: :grin:

Liking the build thread.Mooooooar! :cool:
Also thanks for sharing the scuttle panel shaped birthday card  :grin:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2012, 20:16 »
Looking good, loving the wheels!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2012, 08:42 »
Yea thanks for the card/panel it has still not quite made it on the car.

@Murraymint- i know the tt comps are over done now but i think they are one of the best suited mk3 wheels.

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2012, 09:10 »
You still selling the pepperpots?

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2012, 09:12 »
Nah they sold a while back, maybe i should remove that on my sig  :drool:

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2012, 09:17 »
Good call.Now update your cocking thread! :cool:

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2012, 09:41 »
Man I am snowed under at work. Having not worked to my full potential has now back fired as I have a mountain of work to do before I leave. Fcuk fb and gtiforum and edition and eBay and the rest  :whistle:…. Made my life hard now.  :sad:

MK3 GTI ABF