Author Topic: INFO: HIDs - An Insight  (Read 22030 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: HIDs - An Insight (What you need to know)
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2010, 17:29 »

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2010, 21:04 »
I don't have one of those. :huh:

All Golf Mk3's got them, lol

The thing is, it's not exactly where it shows on the pic. It's hidden somewhere next to the fuel filter.

You just have to find the cable that looks like the one in pic, and pull it out. Then you will see the yellow plugs.
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2010, 21:18 »

The thing is, it's not exactly where it shows on the pic. It's hidden somewhere next to the fuel filter.

You just have to find the cable that looks like the one in pic, and pull it out. Then you will see the yellow plugs.

The fuel filter is underneath the car, by the rear axle
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2010, 22:04 »

WTF?
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2010, 22:44 »
Literally just had a look and I pulled out the airbox, and tucked away to the left there is like a little side "pocket". I pulled up the wire running there and there is the  yellow plug. Ripped it out and the HIDs work properly.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2010, 14:45 »
Hi All

Found this site a while ago - great for cheap HID Spares!!!

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=634

Cheers

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 22 March 2010, 22:20 »

The fuel filter is underneath the car, by the rear axle

Ah LOL, so what's the thing underneath the airbox? Towards to the wing?
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 March 2010, 22:29 »
I have no idea, I've heard people refer to it as a carbon canister but I dunno! I have one in the shed, removed it from my 16v, fook knows why!
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2010, 23:08 »
That's what I meant, when I said "fuel filter"  :laugh: Anyways, my mistake  :embarassed:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2010, 21:56 »
No. Not on a MK3 Golf. Not on stock lights, Hella Twins or any aftermarket lights alone. To be legal they need HID approved projectors or reflectors, be auto-leveling (although auto-leveling suspension is fine and also the dipped beam must stay on with the high beam. They also need a headlight washing system.

WRONG.  Do your research properly.  The unit must be E-marked and approved for use with HID burners.  The UK mandates auto-levelling and headlamp washers, but this is not mandated Europe-wide, so the Euro legislation supercedes the UK legislation.

I have no idea, I've heard people refer to it as a carbon canister but I dunno! I have one in the shed, removed it from my 16v, fook knows why!

It's an activated charcoal cannister, part of the vapour recovery 'pollution control' system.

You HID-loving idiots. :rolleyes:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.