Author Topic: Recommended Wash Mitt?  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Recommended Wash Mitt?
« on: 03 April 2022, 11:17 »
Following the sad demise of my last two WoWo lambs-wool wash mitts I need to order another batch of mitts.

I’ve used WoWo ones for years now on recommendation here, so…

Recommendations on a replacement would be appreciated.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline willni

• I live here
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Recommended Wash Mitt?
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2022, 13:38 »
Interesting that you prefer microfibre Will.
I was hoping microfibre might be a recommendation as it’s a lot less fussy as far as washing goes.
I’ve still got a Meguiars microfibre that I use for wheels (as well as a WoWo wheel mitt) that’s at least ten years old and gets used pretty much weekly. God knows how many wool mitts I’ve been through in that time.
Thanks for the suggestion too :afro: 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2022, 17:48 »
My wool wash mitts are also on their last legs so I'll have a look at the mf ones too. Cheers :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2022, 19:47 »
Interesting that you prefer microfibre Will.
I was hoping microfibre might be a recommendation as it’s a lot less fussy as far as washing goes.
I’ve still got a Meguiars microfibre that I use for wheels (as well as a WoWo wheel mitt) that’s at least ten years old and gets used pretty much weekly. God knows how many wool mitts I’ve been through in that time.
Thanks for the suggestion too :afro:

I prefer the safest option when it comes to wash pads so least like to scratch or mar the paint, more so now that I'm back to flat tornado red as it hides nothing!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2022, 21:52 »
Gtechniq mitt thing, washed many times and still as new
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2022, 15:03 »
Gtechniq mitt thing, washed many times and still as new

Good to know, I was looking at those :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2022, 16:23 »
I get good mileage out of these https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/premium-lambskin-wash-mitt

Out of stock at the moment. They do have the ones with the 'thumb' but I don't like them as you can't easily turn them over to use the other side.

What's happened to WoWo? There's been bugger all on the web site for sale for ages, but they still seem to be going. I often questioned the business model.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2022, 19:30 »

:smiley:

Thanks all!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2022, 12:24 »
Sunday morning, alarm set for 06:30.
Up, showered, lots of tea, then out to do the car as soon as the ice on the windscreen melted.

Am I a bit weird waking up actually looking forward to trying out a new wash pad? I’m not even a detailer, more of an anti-detailer.

Anyway, because nobody asked or cares I decided I’d do a mini review of the Microfiber Madness pad.

After using wash mitts for many many years (that I never put my hand into, I use them more as a cloth/pad)  it does take a bit of familiarisation moving to a spongy pad as the mitt is super flexible for doing things like windscreen wiper blades and squeezing into the gap between Clubsport spoiler and top of hatch. But the pad does squish down enough to perform said tasks.

The pad is a decent enough size to grip and fits quite nicely into a Clubsport tailpipe (bless OPF’s for keeping the soot at bay) and cleans the oversized honeycomb bumper grille of a mk8 well (small brushes would still be needed to do earlier generation GTI honeycomb)

I still used a mitt and hogs arse hair brush to do the fiddly jobs like hinges but the pad coped well with everything else on the bodywork.

Am I disappointed after my early morning excited anticipation? Absolutely not. The reverse in fact.
Was this the most pointless thing I’ve ever written? Most likely absolutely so!

…thanks for the suggestion Will, it took care of an Amazon voucher I had for Xmas and I’m quite impressed with the little fluffy fella :afro: 

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner