Author Topic: C2S to GTS to GTI  (Read 12093 times)

Offline scotpak

• Just got here
C2S to GTS to GTI
« on: 13 September 2012, 07:40 »
Hi guys.

Over the last 2 years I've had a Porsche C2s and then maserati granturismo s. Both were great cars. However the problem was that my wife together with my recently arrived baby girl refused to ever drive in them on the weekend's. We ended up always using our second car which is a golf plus. Also with the 14 mpg I was getting on the gts together with the extortionate servicing costs I decided to find a sensible, economic but still fun car. Have just bought a black on black mk6 gti dsg. It's fantastic. I an surprise by how much I like the looks. Coming fRom a granturismo I was worried I wouldn't like the looks and would feel disappointed but not so far. In terms of driving, it definitely has enough zip to bring a smile on your face. For all those people that feel I have downgraded massively or will miss the huge power of my old cars I think it is important to realise that even when you have a sub 5.0 second 0 to 60 ca r, you rarely get to use even 50% of this power on a daily basis. Anyhow loving the car so far and looking forward to being part of this new community.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: C2S to GTS to GTI
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2012, 07:58 »
Welcome...

So when do we get to see pics of the GTI, Granturismo and C2s...you wonna think about mapping the GTi just for a little more poke :wink:

Pic uploader help HERE
« Last Edit: 13 September 2012, 16:06 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline scotpak

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2012, 08:59 »
Will post some pics tonight

:smiley:

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2012, 09:32 »
Will post some pics tonight

:smiley:

Welcome...
I came via a C4S to GTI.   :smiley:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline scotpak

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2012, 19:37 »
alright guys, as promised my car history over the last 2 years in photos!!

http://s1067.beta.photobucket.com/user/scotpak/library/C2S%20to%20GTS%20to%20GTI

Im probably gonna miss the looks of that maserati cos it was a beaut!! However, I am now a GTI man, and looking forward to living with this all-rounder!!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2012, 19:53 »
Sorted  :laugh:

What are you talking ££ for the likes of the Maserati?  I always thought they were serious money!!

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline scotpak

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2012, 20:30 »
mid 50s for a Granturismo s (4.7) or around 40k for a non-s (4.2).

These are the prices for oldest good examples which are 2008 cars. Brand new, the S is probably 90 to 100k depending on spec.

Ive never bought brand new. Always aim to pay 50-55% of original value once the car is at least 3 years old.

The Golf GTI is the newest car I have ever bought (Its Jan 2012). I paid £24k and it has 9.8k miles on it. But it came with a very good spec which included:  full black leather, 18" shadow monza alloys, satnav, bluetooth, ipod thingy, front and rear parking sensors + reversing camera, cruise control, heated seats.

Im not sure if it was the best price but it was from the VW dealership in Reading???

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2012, 20:45 »

:cool: :drool: :drool:

Cracking GTi also  :smiley: welcome to the forum bud
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2012, 20:53 »
Just put down deposit on almost exactly same car but 2009 plate. Pick her up in a few weeks, can't wait!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2012, 22:09 »
They look awesome!! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather