Author Topic: New tyres 225 or 235  (Read 2212 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: New tyres 225 or 235
« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2022, 18:27 »
I am also considering a 235 when I next need tyres, mainly due to the enhanced rim protection!

Adding a little to the tyre research on the forum, did anyone else see this?

It would appear Continental have produced a new champion, in the Sport Contact 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t10y-87oiD4

Interested to hear how they perform on a Golf.
the tyres tested on that car won't necessarily perform the same in golf sizes.

As per the last line of my post?...The previous Conti 6 didn't wear as well as the PS4S, there is usually a compromise somewhere?
As and when someone does fit them to a Golf GTi /R, I am still interested to hear their findings.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2022, 23:16 »
Tyrereviews are doing a test at the end of march with all the new tyres, PS5, Conti7 and Asy6.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2022, 09:19 »
I also meant to say the 235 PS4S replaced the factory fit 225 Pirelli and I found the Michelin tyre much more comfortable and with better traction in the wet, with no downside over the Pirelli at all.

I've done it, mainly to protect the rims a bit better, and because I like the looks.
Looks real good and I've noticed no real difference in any other way.
Spedo is ever so slightly off (spedo =69, GPS =70) compared with waze\gps but it wasn't 100% before anyway.
Mine are the Brescia wheels with PS4s too.
Rim protection is always a good thing.  It's good to know also it improves appearance.
Most people say Michelin's are more comfortable than Pirelli's.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2022, 12:47 »
I also meant to say the 235 PS4S replaced the factory fit 225 Pirelli and I found the Michelin tyre much more comfortable and with better traction in the wet, with no downside over the Pirelli at all.

I've done it, mainly to protect the rims a bit better, and because I like the looks.
Looks real good and I've noticed no real difference in any other way.
Spedo is ever so slightly off (spedo =69, GPS =70) compared with waze\gps but it wasn't 100% before anyway.
Mine are the Brescia wheels with PS4s too.
Rim protection is always a good thing.  It's good to know also it improves appearance.
Most people say Michelin's are more comfortable than Pirelli's.
Thanks very reassuring.
I've order 235 , need to pick up a wheel which I got refurbished,  then get them fitted in a week or so.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2022, 18:01 »

New tyres fitted, wheels sealed, new clubsport centre caps added. Ready to go on.
Going to have my first go at machine polishing tomorrow,  everything ready and weather looks good.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2022, 09:26 »
Looking good!  :cool:

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 17 March 2022, 17:06 »

All fitted today.
Very impressed with Michelin's, softer ride, quieter and grip is miles better than Pirelli's.
Thanks for advice from you all.