Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142522 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
The recent hot spell has been playing hell with my reccaro's , they started to squeek terribly , but i found a fix just encase anyone else gets this, it was coming from the rear, where the grey plastic meets the black glossy , i unclipped the grey and added some sticky felt strips to the edge's and this totally cured it. Recarro had some felt there, but no where near enough

That seems like a great find, i wonder if it also cures the issue that some owners with Recaros experience. Mine have been fine for almost two years now but it's certainly useful to have a possible cure in mind just in case...

Offline clubsport

• I live here
There seem to be quite a few for sale, I was surprised to see Volkswizard advertise his own Clubsport S, is the UP GTi really that good? 

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Wow!  :cool:  ^^^^

There seem to be quite a few for sale, I was surprised to see Volkswizard advertise his own Clubsport S, is the UP GTi really that good? 

My son has the same engine in an Ibiza FR.
It’s nippy and fun plus has the MQB chassis which is leagues ahead of an up! chassis.

The up! GTI is probably a more useable fun package than a Clubsport S if you’re just using it as a road car in normal conditions and don’t expect to be taking all comers from the lights.
The up! GTI has massive limitations though.
But it’s cheap and fun and does 45mpg without trying.

Andrew (volkswizard) is a car dealer and journo so probably doesn’t get attached to cars.
He has a highly modded Ed30 for track use and the up! GTI for a daily. Plus a good few more cars in the garage.
It’s probably just a case of “up for sale at the right price, but if not...”

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
It was only a matter of time before we started recycling haha... I am now the proud owner of Little Lofty's number 301!

I had a facelift GTI (non-performance) that was great actually but the Clubsport desire never went away. I even thought about making mine like a Clubsport but the cost was significant.

I might miss the tech (digital dash etc) but it has the Nav Pro and Dynaudio so think I'll be good.

So happy to be part of the Club!

Photos tomorrow :-)
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
You could easily make a Non Performance Mk7.5 GTI into a Clubsport beater  :grin:

Get some lightweight 18's on it, TT RS front brakes, Lowered springs and a Revo map and you're sorted.

2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
You could easily make a Non Performance Mk7.5 GTI into a Clubsport beater  :grin:

Get some lightweight 18's on it, TT RS front brakes, Lowered springs and a Revo map and you're sorted.

But it would never be a Clubsport...  :whistle:
 :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time

I could easily get my mrs to dress up as Margot Robbie , put the Harley Quinn gear on her and all that, But she would alas never be Margot Robbie  :kiss:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
You're right...it would be better than a clubsport.

Lighter weight, better brakes, better handling, faster :)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
I know what you mean of course  :grin: don't mean to be annoying :grin:

I'm a big fan of Clubsports, I actually bought one last year, paid deposit, financed arranged, but I cancelled it after giving it more thought, only due to the money it was going to cost, but I often regret that decision.

It was a white 3 door,black roof, leather,  from a VW dealer in Wigan