Author Topic: VW Golf 7 5G0 - Park Assist - PLA - RETROFIT  (Read 8759 times)

Offline nlm

• Just got here
VW Golf 7 5G0 - Park Assist - PLA - RETROFIT
« on: 23 December 2014, 16:49 »
Hi

My GTI has park sensors front and rear with reverse camera. What do you thing about parkassist? It can be retrofitted with the actual bumpers?

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-golf-7-park-assist-pla-1t0919297a-upgrade,id667.html

Thanks in advance

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: VW Golf 7 5G0 - Park Assist - PLA - RETROFIT
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2014, 16:59 »
Well worth fitting but you will need to drill holes for the side sensors in the bumper. Aside from that it should be very easy to fit and then just code in with VCDS.
Good luck!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2014, 08:38 »
You'll need to make sure you have the correct abs pump for park assist. Dieselman eventually retro fitted park assist to his tiguan but it required a new abs pump and wasn't just coding with vcds.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline nlm

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2014, 16:39 »
Ok Thanks! I'll try to search on bumpers. How about your experience on parkassist? Is it practical ? Do you use it on daily basis?

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2014, 17:14 »
We have park assist and very rarely use it....the additional parking sensors the park assist give on the wheel arches are far more useful.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2014, 17:38 »
We have park assist and very rarely use it....the additional parking sensors the park assist give on the wheel arches are far more useful.

I agree with this.. I've used park assist about twice to demo it to people, once to test it myself and once when it refused to work (the road was lined with cars both sides and I think it just considered it too narrow).

The extra sensors giving 360 degree monitoring are really good though.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2014, 18:32 »
The Golf is a tiny hatchback and I simply fail to see why there is a need for all round cameras and for park assist. Try honing your parking skills instead, rather than wasting time and money on a pretty pointless option. Just my opinion after near 50 years as a driver.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2014, 19:54 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2014, 18:43 »
"Try honing you parking skills instead" idiot....

For your information we got the park assist and high beam assist free from VW UK due to a total cock up on our order. You know nothing about any other members on this forum or their ability.....
GTI - PP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2014, 19:14 »
The Golf is a tiny hatchback and I simply fail to see why there is a need for all round cameras and for park assist. Try honing you parking skills instead, rather than wasting time and money on a pretty pointless option. Just my opinion after near 50 years as a driver.
Ken
"Try honing you parking skills instead" idiot....
For your information we got the park assist and high beam assist free from VW UK due to a total cock up on our order. You know nothing about any other members on this forum or their ability.....

As I stated, just my opinion.
So no need to be so touchy and abusive. Play nice.
Happy New Year.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2014, 19:24 »
Have a great new year....enjoy your 7R in the new year... :wink:
GTI - PP