Author Topic: Inlet Manifold faulty  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
Inlet Manifold faulty
« on: 28 November 2013, 17:31 »
Anyone else had problems with the inlet manifold on the CR170 TDI engines ? My TDI 170 Rocco has been making a funny noise for a while so took it in to VW to be checked they said i have an issue with my inlet manifold plus one of my rear shock moutings has an issue. They reckon it's a 7 hour job bloody glad its still under warranty !

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Inlet Manifold faulty
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2013, 20:32 »
I had a leaking oil EGR valve replaced under warrenty, no funny noises just seen the oil.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2013, 13:21 »
Mins sounded like the turbo going to be honest   :undecided: but they have told me it's inlet mainfold & they have to drop the suspension to do it  :shocked:

I will get the full details when i drop the car off on the 9th but odd something so serious should go after after 20 months but have done nearly 27k now

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2013, 22:34 »
Mins sounded like the turbo going to be honest   :undecided: but they have told me it's inlet mainfold & they have to drop the suspension to do it  :shocked:

I will get the full details when i drop the car off on the 9th but odd something so serious should go after after 20 months but have done nearly 27k now

Ouch indeed.  :cry:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2013, 19:14 »
I think they mega possible EGR cooler which you sometimes need to drop the subframe down,intake manifold is only a 1-2 our job maximum

:)
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2013, 17:30 »
I think they mega possible EGR cooler which you sometimes need to drop the subframe down,intake manifold is only a 1-2 our job maximum

:)

After getting the paperwork & not talking to a girl who knew nothing it was the inlet manifold gasket apprently & a boot strut needed doing  ..dropped it off ,turned out they didnt have the boot strut in stock  :rolleyes: so they did the inlet manifold gasket & all the new parts to do with that but then had to drop it off again the next week & the bloody knocking noise in the rear is still there so wasn't even the boot strut in the end

hopeless !

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2014, 10:00 »
So it went back in to have the boot strut replaced just before Christmas & guess what .. you got it the knocking noise was still there when i picked it up  :rolleyes: so it went back in yesterday to be checked again & they ring me to tell me they now think it's the rear shocks but they don't have them in stock.

So my car is now booked in for a 5th visit .. Martins in basingstoke are useless i will be avoiding after this visit ( if they fix it ) :shocked:

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2014, 16:18 »
5th visit new shocks fitted !

knocking still there

6th visit new boot strut fitted near side

Knocking noise still there  :rolleyes:

Taking it to my m8 tomorrow to look at as fed up with Martins VW in basingstoke they are useless ! My m8 is an ex VW mechanic & now works for a privavte Porsche garage, if anyone can find the problem he can !! Then it will go back for a 7th visit and hopefully the last ever at that particular dealers !