Author Topic: Tom - Mk IV GTI 1.8T 20v 150bhp  (Read 1000 times)

Offline tomparkes

• Not said much yet
  • OEM+
Tom - Mk IV GTI 1.8T 20v 150bhp
« on: 13 December 2012, 20:17 »
Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a 53 plate Mk IV GTI 1.8T 20v 150bhp last weekend and am collecting it tomorrow - got them to respray the rear bumper as it had some nasty paint damage. It's silver, 1 owner from new, 45000 miles on the clock and in decent order (fingers crossed). Really looking forward to getting my hands on it - only looking to do some subtle mods to start with but mainly want to get it in decent cosmetic condition as standard and make sure it's all sound mechanically.

Had a look for a decent forum and this has stood out above the rest. Already found some really useful info on here over the last week - I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions coming your way soon!

Will upload some pictures this weekend.

Cheers, Tom  :smiley:

2004 1.8T AUM | CM Silicone Hoses | Pipercross Panel Filter | Smoothed Stock Airbox | Weitec Ultra GT -40mm Springs & Shocks | Genuine 18" Anni BBS RC's | Anni GTI Front Grill Badge | Sharan Rear Badge | Polo Stubby Aerial | Black Centre Console

My Build Thread

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
Re: Tom - Mk IV GTI 1.8T 20v 150bhp
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2012, 20:25 »
Hi there and welcome.... :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2012, 23:24 »
 Welcome to the nut house!

Look forward to the pics...when you get her of course!!

Pic uploader help HERE
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Lumpz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2012, 00:57 »
Welcome m8
Mk3 golf gti 16v

Offline tomparkes

• Not said much yet
  • OEM+
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2012, 17:02 »
Cheers guys. Gave her a good wash today (in between down-pours :angry:) - cosmetically pretty good. Only a couple of pretty minor scuffs which might polish out with a bit of elbow grease. Wheels are in good nick, could just do with some new centre caps and maybe replacement bolt to tidy them up a bit. Managed to get a few nasty dealer stickers off with a hair-dryer too, which has really improved it's appearance. Will get rid of the walnut interior and replace it with black soon, and get a new head unit and a few other little cosmetic tweaks. Drives really nicely and engine bay is pretty tidy - so far, no noticeable issues with performance, etc. so fingers crossed it's all OK mechanically. Will give it a service after Christmas when I've got a few more pennies to spare!

I've stepped up from driving a Mk3 Polo 1.4L for the last 5 years, and I can't believe the power of the thing. My dad's owned a few Golfs over the years so I know what they can do, but driving one yourself is a different story entirely! Loving it - can't wait for the summer and nice dry roads... :cool:

Anyway, here's a few pics - will get some more tomorrow once I've polished and waxed her, as it's supposed to be dry and there might even be some sunshine to get some decent reflections:

2004 1.8T AUM | CM Silicone Hoses | Pipercross Panel Filter | Smoothed Stock Airbox | Weitec Ultra GT -40mm Springs & Shocks | Genuine 18" Anni BBS RC's | Anni GTI Front Grill Badge | Sharan Rear Badge | Polo Stubby Aerial | Black Centre Console

My Build Thread

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2012, 08:20 »
Looks tidy! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather