Author Topic: MK 7.5 Gone, good opportunity for someone?  (Read 3328 times)

Offline 620ti

• Just got here
MK 7.5 Gone, good opportunity for someone?
« on: 20 October 2019, 14:54 »
Hi Folks, I've loved every minute of over 2 years of GTi ownership but have decided I'm ready for a change and have sold my car to dealer in the South Lakes. I thought it right to give people on here who may be after one heads up, as it really is in exceptional condition. It's a standard 5dr in Tornado red with under 15k and 8 months VW warranty remaining, there's not a mark on the car anywhere and it should be available shortly. If anyone wants any further details just ask, I'd be happy to help.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: MK 7.5 Gone, good opportunity for someone?
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2019, 15:15 »
Your meant to off it on the forum before the dealer gets it and adds 20% to the price  :grin:

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2019, 16:04 »
Not much point  directing us to it when a dealer will want his cut

Offline 620ti

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2019, 16:27 »
Sorry Folks, there's me thinking I might be doing someone a favour. To be honest I got a really good deal and had some finance to settle so wouldn't have gone down the road of private sale for a car of that value anyway. I only thought about posting after the deal was done and did so to give anyone on the forum that might be wanting a decent GTi heads up.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2019, 08:43 »
Coincidently I bought a forum members car this way and as a few have said already I paid a couple of thousand more for the privilege of it.

I was left a nice note from the previous owner in the owner's manual with his contact details in so i gave him a call before placing my deposit.  :smiley:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2019, 10:38 »
Coincidently I bought a forum members car this way and as a few have said already I paid a couple of thousand more for the privilege of it.

I was left a nice note from the previous owner in the owner's manual with his contact details in so i gave him a call before placing my deposit.  :smiley:

I’ve bought a few cars from forum members on here before they traded them in  :smiley:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2019, 10:44 »

I’ve bought a few cars from forum members on here before they traded them in  :smiley:

Sold my old S2000 to a forum member, a great place to find a loved car.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2019, 11:02 »
Sorry Folks, there's me thinking I might be doing someone a favour. To be honest I got a really good deal and had some finance to settle so wouldn't have gone down the road of private sale for a car of that value anyway. I only thought about posting after the deal was done and did so to give anyone on the forum that might be wanting a decent GTi heads up.

I for one think it was really good of you to post up.

What have you replaced it with?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline 620ti

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2019, 14:37 »
Unfortunately I was going to replace it with a run out model but was dissuaded by my local dealers new salesman. He thought I should wait for the new car to be launched,which I'm not sure I even like the look of so I ended up looking at the Mini dealers round the corner. The upshot is I have now left the VW fold and put a deposit on a new Mini JCW with delivery hopefully in December. I actually got a better price for the Golf at another non VW dealers, which meant I got a cracking deal on the Mini. Until then I have the choice of two 1999 Rover 620Tis as my daily driver, although not as quick as the Golf they can still surprise people, as they really don't look like a 200bhp machine.
The only annoying part is that the VW roadside assistance, which I renewed in June is non-refundable but is transferable to a new owner. So if someone on here does look at buying it and contacts me I would be more than willing to transfer it over for a small fee.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2019, 16:27 »
If you don't get the Mini until December, that leaves plenty of time to sell it privately for perhaps more money. I can't see the dealer being too bothered about that, as they will be unlikely to retail your Golf.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.