Author Topic: Clubsport S  (Read 3687 times)

Offline sharper

• Not said much yet
Clubsport S
« on: 15 September 2016, 20:41 »
Sorry if this has been asked for before but does anyone know the spec of the Clubsport S cars. The left-hand drive one that VW took to Goodwood had aircon, satnav, rear sensors but no front sensors.  The chap on the stand said that there was one spec for the cars with the only change being the removal of aircon.  I'm being advised that my car doesn't have rear sensors which is a pity but I would be grateful if anyone could confirm the position.

Thanks

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport S
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2016, 21:25 »
They have parking sensors, cruise and camera system, light and sight pack, rear seats, parcel shelf, variable boot cover, carpet mats and keyless entry removed.

It adds bucket seats, dynamic chassis control with nurburgring setting, Pretoria wheels with semi slick tyres. If it's red or white it gets a black roof, if it's black metallic the paint isn't chargeable. It's unclear what colour the wheels will be.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline sharper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2016, 23:02 »
Thanks, helpful. I guess I could retrofit VW rear parking sensors if I wanted. Front sensors would involve a bit more work. 

What nav system is fitted?

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2016, 23:36 »
Discover Nav so the small one. Not sure if they going to put App Connect in it or not but presumably it'll come with Carnet guide & inform.

Front and rear sensors can be fitted and hooked up so they show on the nav system, but you'd probably have to use an independent for that. Any VW dealer can fit sensors for the rear as its a VW dealer fit option, kinda starts to move away from the rawness of the car though and perhaps might hurt resale as drilled holes in the bumpers could put some off. A clubsport 40 might be better if you want the assist systems.

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2016, 10:21 »
Discover Nav so the small one. Not sure if they going to put App Connect in it or not but presumably it'll come with Carnet guide & inform.

Front and rear sensors can be fitted and hooked up so they show on the nav system, but you'd probably have to use an independent for that. Any VW dealer can fit sensors for the rear as its a VW dealer fit option, kinda starts to move away from the rawness of the car though and perhaps might hurt resale as drilled holes in the bumpers could put some off. A clubsport 40 might be better if you want the assist systems.

Haha, That's a very polite way of saying "Don't be such a fooking tart and go ruining a decent car"  :smiley:

Offline sharper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2016, 10:41 »
I'm going without back seats so sensors would be my only concession to practicality!

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2016, 20:31 »
I'm also tempted to fit the rear sensors. Car on the GTI stand at Goodwood had them. Not sure about the ring car, that may have had them too. Think the grey car used by the UK press had the sensors and rear camera.

Although it might go against the ethos of the car I'm not sure the sensors would add much to the weight. Probably not as much as the cage, which unfortunately wasn't a factory option.

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2016, 21:07 »
Really? If they aren't visual sensors it's not going to add much to your experience. I wouldn't bother it's not a big car anyway.

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2016, 13:42 »
Today I have confirmation.....week 43 build

Still no date on my CS though :angry:

Offline MSR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2016, 16:45 »