Author Topic: Capitol VW  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
Capitol VW
« on: 11 June 2014, 07:25 »
Anyone used these any good points or bad points I need to watch out for? Cheers for any advice!

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
Re: Capitol VW
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2014, 07:47 »
I should have said in Merthyr Tydfil

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2014, 08:54 »
Hi Pigpen, are you dealing with Rob? I bought my car from Rob and had an issue free process. He gave me the best price on carwow (nearly matched DTD), always replied to my emails within a few minutes and didn't give me any sales spiel (like trying to get me to take gap etc.)

He also offered to pick me up on collection day when my lift was in doubt (2 hour trip for him!)

Rob has loads of good reviews on carwow which was another reason for me going to Merthyr (another being they are local to me.)

I haven't dealt with anyone else at Capitol yet, but the valet guys did avoid washing my car as requested and just gave it a pressure wash rinse and dry.

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2014, 08:57 »
Hi Pigpen, are you dealing with Rob? I bought my car from Rob and had an issue free process. He gave me the best price on carwow (nearly matched DTD), always replied to my emails within a few minutes and didn't give me any sales spiel (like trying to get me to take gap etc.)

He also offered to pick me up on collection day when my lift was in doubt (2 hour trip for him!)

Rob has loads of good reviews on carwow which was another reason for me going to Merthyr (another being they are local to me.)

I haven't dealt with anyone else at Capitol yet, but the valet guys did avoid washing my car as requested and just gave it a pressure wash rinse and dry.

That was what I was looking for  :wink:
Did you then take the car to be detailed?

Offline DougM

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2014, 08:58 »
Funny enough I spoke to the salesman there through CarWow as they offered  the best price with the quotes I received and they are close to where I live. But they were still about £500 more than the DrivetheDeal the quote so went with them. My partner's parents bought a Golf through Capitol though as he fell out with the Swansea VW dealer and would recommend them.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2014, 09:05 »
Servicing wise the place is a bit hit and miss  :whistle:

Parts guys are cool though and very helpful. Hadnt been in for ages until this week and they asked where I had been  :grin:

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2014, 09:08 »
I tried my best to get them to match DTD, and ended up being just £200 more. Swansea could only offer 5% for me!

Rhyso, would you recommend servicing in Swansea/elsewhere instead? I haven't decided yet, but only recently got the car.

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2014, 11:13 »
Thanks guys that all sounds good!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2014, 22:39 »
I tried my best to get them to match DTD, and ended up being just £200 more. Swansea could only offer 5% for me!

Rhyso, would you recommend servicing in Swansea/elsewhere instead? I haven't decided yet, but only recently got the car.

Up to you. They looked after my MK4 for a couple of jobs but managed to screw up fitting a new wheel bearing.....

I've heard some good things about CIVW's; Cardiff Independent VW but not used them myself. There is a couple of places down Barry way that have a good rep too; think one is Welsh VW.

I used Datsche down in Barry for the last job on my Audi; damn that was an expensive say out but the work done was excellent  :smiley:

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2014, 12:47 »
Anyone used these any good points or bad points I need to watch out for? Cheers for any advice!

Bought my Mk6 R from Rob at Capitol and it was a painless experience. All follow up servicing and warranty stuff was fine too.

You getting a Mk7R Pigpen? I rang Rob up before ordering mine and he told me they weren't offering a discount until around this time and would only be having a couple in anyway. Very disappointed because I really did want to order from them again, but this was last November. Ended up getting a good deal from Cardiff VW - let me know if you want the name of the Salesman. :wink: