Author Topic: Golf R  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
Golf R
« on: 08 June 2014, 17:18 »
Hello everyone new to VW so go easy on me!  Looking at a new R and would appreciate any advice on must have options as all seem basic to me and not needed.  Car would be a second car kept in e garage so can't see any need for winter packs etc.  was going to go oryx white with the upgrade wheels and Vienna leather and only extra was going to be a reversing camera for the works car park.  Is the £750 SatNav upgrade worth it?  Any other advice appreciated thanks!

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Golf R
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2014, 17:30 »
Buy the car with the kit you want. Personally I wanted leather as it looks good and is easy to clean. Others feel it's much too expensive

The cars are well equipped as you say so if you add nothing it's still well specced. Upgrade wheels on the R does make sense as most owners will want the biggest available.

I have the basic nav setup as I simply could not justify another £1000 on sat nav that I will rarely use. Screen is smaller than the Pro item and worse resolution but gives me directions for where I want to go and with nav being such a popular option now I reckon second hand it will help sell the car.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2014, 17:47 »
Buy the car with the kit you want. Personally I wanted leather as it looks good and is easy to clean. Others feel it's much too expensive

The cars are well equipped as you say so if you add nothing it's still well specced. Upgrade wheels on the R does make sense as most owners will want the biggest available.

I have the basic nav setup as I simply could not justify another £1000 on sat nav that I will rarely use. Screen is smaller than the Pro item and worse resolution but gives me directions for where I want to go and with nav being such a popular option now I reckon second hand it will help sell the car.

Cheers!  Did you consider the Kenwood upgrade in their accessories list?  I think it is £1049 fitted but looks better than their own and I guess you could possibly sell the standard one or is it too unique? 

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2014, 18:02 »
Haven't seen the Keneood kit for the mk7, you sure thats not for the mk6?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2014, 20:24 »
I'm sure there is one for the mk7 as I saw an advert when I was I birmingham vw
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Pigpen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2014, 21:07 »
What is the dyna audio someone keeps telling me to look at?

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2014, 21:24 »
Dynaudio is the upgrade stereo system for some models of the Golf, not available on the R as it has another system.

Standard stereo isn't bad at all so unless you are a sounds fan it may be fine for you.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2014, 21:31 »
Dynaudio is the upgrade stereo system for some models of the Golf, not available on the R as it has another system.

Standard stereo isn't bad at all so unless you are a sounds fan it may be fine for you.

As said, Dynaudio is the optional factory stereo upgrade, comes in about £530.  However it's not yet available for the mk7 R due to complications fitting elements of it into the centre of spare wheel well.  The boot space is smaller than a gti because of the Haldex 4 wheel drive system. 

Dynaudio is rumoured to be available from build week 45, BUT then vw originally said it would be bw22 and no joy, so who knows??
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11