Author Topic: VW Cock-up (advice needed please)  (Read 13969 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: VW Cock-up (advice needed please)
« Reply #50 on: 07 June 2013, 22:58 »
Brokers buy cars from dealers with whom they have a contract in huge numbers. They get a fleet discount, hence the discount to the buyer. The sales are handled by the fleet arm of the dealership and not the sales team who deal with the public.

Cheers Doug, you learn something everyday! :cool:

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 08 June 2013, 00:05 »
Cock-up update:

However they (Broadspeed) have admitted my original order didn't properly go through because of a glitch in the system. They said it only effects 1 in a 10,000 customers - small comfort.

What a load of bull! It's such a bad excuse that there's no point in even contesting it because you're clearly dealing with clowns.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #52 on: 08 June 2013, 08:11 »
Cock-up update:

However they (Broadspeed) have admitted my original order didn't properly go through because of a glitch in the system. They said it only effects 1 in a 10,000 customers - small comfort.

What a load of bull! It's such a bad excuse that there's no point in even contesting it because you're clearly dealing with clowns.

I know it's BS, you know it's BS, but I can't prove a thing  :cry:

I'm still left in limbo as I have no supplying dealer. The new order is showing processing on the TMO website and I've been given a BW 39 estimate.

My gut feeling is still to cancel the order with Broadspeed. It's a matter of principle now because I feel I've been made a fool of, treated appallingly, offered no apology for their cock-up and I must make a stand by not giving them my business.

Some decisions in life are difficult to make, and this is one. I won't be made a mug of anymore.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 08 June 2013, 11:05 »
Hawaii: Broadspeed need to get their arses into gear to source you another supplier. They can't promise any delivery time without an active order in place (they probably can't WITH an order in place, judging by the rate at which mine keeps getting nudged back. If they can't get you an order placed with another dealer within the week then you migt need to kick them into touch.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 08 June 2013, 11:13 »
In terms of my dad's order cock-up, he's trying to negotiate getting the DBP one that will be built within 2 weeks rather than wait for the reordered red one. The dealer initially offered to give him the Pearl paint gratis, which doesn't seem that generous considering he's ordered a car without it. A £500 "freebie" that wasn't even ordered for their mistake? I think they're getting off lightly. Now my dad wants to take them up on it they're asking all sorts of questions about the p/x and it's condition as they say they were slightly generous with what they're offering (07 reg 5 door DSG 170TDI GT in Tornado Red with 110k miles). They're on about further depreciation, but they can minimise that by giving him the black one now rather than the red one in September - it's in their interest to give him the black one sooner. Just trying to make out they're doing him a favour by letting him have free pearl paint he didn't ask for, for their cock-up. I do think they're takiing a few liberties considering I have got them 2 car orders, not one.

Biggest victim of the cock-up is me - if they changed that black back to red before "build week confirmed" kicked in, i'd probably have been back 1st in the Pulman queue for an imminent build.
« Last Edit: 08 June 2013, 11:16 by monkeyhanger »

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 08 June 2013, 16:05 »
Sounds like they have realised they don't have enough money in the deal to do the free paint.

3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 08 June 2013, 17:37 »
Sounds like they have realised they don't have enough money in the deal to do the free paint.

It's a done deal, the Black GTD is officially my dad's order, expected delivery right at the end of the month or first week in July. The salesman really went on as if my dad was laying claim to his firstborn but eventually accepted my dad's wishes to take it at no further cost for the metallic paint, considering the cock-up made. Started scrutinising the details of my dad's p/x, but as I pointed out, getting my dad's p/x sooner minimises any depreciation losses on it (and extra accrued mileage) vs waiting for the Red one at the start/middle of Sept.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 08 June 2013, 18:02 »
Be very interesting to see if it actually turns up then even though it has build confirmed.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 08 June 2013, 18:10 »
Be very interesting to see if it actually turns up then even though it has build confirmed.

It should, but Mick's kids might not eat for a week as my dad got his free paint that he didn't order.

Mick said it should be getting built next week or the week after. Will that be the first mainland GB GTD (not including Eire as it seems clear they got their first orders fulfilled before UK) we'll see for someone off this forum?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 08 June 2013, 23:06 »
sounds like it may be one of the first if not the first. still don't understand how its been built so quick and I've been on VW 34 from day 1. I'm even thinking about going to carbon grey now!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.