Author Topic: New Clubsport Stock Available  (Read 2268 times)

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Re: New Clubsport Stock Available
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2021, 21:44 »
My suggestion wasn’t meant to be a joke! The T5 is pretty quick and very comfortable. It’s also a hatch(ish). Well ok, it is an SUV but not a bad looking one.

Your wife is right by the way. I’m in my 50s and still think cars with boots are for old men :laugh:. Pity Alfa don’t do a golf sized hatch these days. Could revive the GTV name as well.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2021, 21:54 »
I confess to knowing nothing about the current Volvo range but will have a look.
Yes, a modern AR hatch to rival the Golf might indeed be a lovely thing.
The 1750 GTV was a lovely thing as indeed was the old Giulia GT.
But this is not an edition of Classic Car magazine so I will stop before anyone realises how old I really am!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2021, 22:35 »
Very amusing but no to all suggestions. Instead, an utterly different car to the Golf.
I am actually very taken with the Alfa Romeo Giulia.
I spotted a 280 Veloce for sale, highly specced and thought hmmmm.
But I know even before flirting openly with the idea that my dear wife would forbid it.
You see she says that cars with boots are for old men.
Does she know what age I am FFS?
I guess my secret crush will just have to remain that.

I know the feeling, I'm currently looking at the Alpine A110 but luckily the prices keep me away. Although the Giulia is a vastly prettier car than it.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2021, 15:09 »
Well, when you think about it, this *should* be the section full of people chomping at the bit to ‘upgrade’ to the newer car. Unfortunately most mk7 owners actually prefer fully working tech interfaces though. C’est la vie.  :whistle:

Some of us find Microsoft Powerpoint difficult let alone changing the temperature in a mk8  :grin:

If it was a mk7 Clubsport I'd have been ringing immediately and been getting a flight  :whistle:
You can have my mk7 Clubsport for £39,950. :grin:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2021, 19:21 »
Well, when you think about it, this *should* be the section full of people chomping at the bit to ‘upgrade’ to the newer car. Unfortunately most mk7 owners actually prefer fully working tech interfaces though. C’est la vie.  :whistle:

Some of us find Microsoft Powerpoint difficult let alone changing the temperature in a mk8  :grin:

If it was a mk7 Clubsport I'd have been ringing immediately and been getting a flight  :whistle:
You can have my mk7 Clubsport for £39,950. :grin:

If it's a Clubsport S and less than 3k miles that's market price  :wink: :grin:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2021, 11:37 »
40 week wait VW recently informed me for a CS ,interesting that the Hyundai dealer i pass frequently has stock literally overflowing of it forecourt yet the 3 VW dealers ships is pass are clearly very short of stock
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2021, 11:49 »
I'd say its about 54 weeks for a performance Golf at the moment.... and BMW 128ti's are being quoted at 13 months... and people who ordered BMW's in July are also looking at 13 months...normally BMW manage about 4-6 weeks. So ironically as a percentage gain VW are doing better than BMW  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On here it was mentioned the other week that 80% of VW's planned 2022 production is already sold too...

Basically if you think you want a new car in the next 18 months, order it now!!!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC