Author Topic: madmanluke - mk2 VR6  (Read 67904 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke - mk2 VR6
« Reply #80 on: 02 April 2011, 18:58 »
Scuttle is off and started welding the holes in. getting there slowly.

Lots of filler,sand, filler, sand, filler, sand to be done when it gets to that stage!

hopefully have the engine test fired again next week once all my new battery cables arrive.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 08 April 2011, 20:21 »
Small Fortune. Defined by these 8 things:

Engine is going back in tomorrow for a test run now I have these. Just to make sure I havent f**ked any thing up... Y'know haha.

got to think of something to do with the fuel lines. they look sh!t as they are flapping about in the bay. Any ideas?

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 09 April 2011, 22:31 »
As my cables arrived i thought id throw the motor back in and test out my loom extensions. Engine runs fine. Good news! Means that now (in short) the only things I have left to do are:

1. Build a rad fan switch system to turn slim lines on and off
2. Put front bumper back on and test lights/turn signals etc (ground front right lighting loom locally or run cable back inside to earthing point)
3. finish dynamating the rest of the car fully.
4. Remove engine
5. Grind back welds, finish new welds.
6. finish taking back all the wax
7.  start prepping bay, filler/sand, filler,sand haha
8. primer and paint.
9.Tidy up sub frames (will be going for shot blast and powder coat along with polybushes in the winter)
10. run brake lines
11. engine back in
12. interior back in
13. Done?????

Ignore my topgun costume. As awesome as it is, they are my new overalls haha
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZUVZ8I3qk[/media]

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 10 April 2011, 21:12 »
Got started on the rad fan loom today. Slim lines mounted up fine and run fine. Need to get hold of a 2 pole rad fan switch for the radiator before I can test to make sure they kick in fine. Got to do a bit more fab work to get the radiator to mount to the front cross member and the front slam panel also.

Plugged in the interier looms again, clocks work, dipped and full beam, hazards, side lights, wipers and fogs all work fine.  Just need to test the brake pedel switch once i find that and the washer bottle.

Good days work today. Just waiting on that rad fan switch, them its all coming back out again and then the cosmetics really kick in.

« Last Edit: 10 April 2011, 21:27 by madmanluke »

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 07 May 2011, 19:57 »
Small update from today. Got the rest of the welding done. So thats both rear quarter arches cut out and welded, all holes that I wanted welding up in the by (not many) and a couple of other little bits and bobs.

Nearly finished with my sound proofing. I have only two sheets left so I need to keep those for my two remaining doors to sound deaden. That will be it for now as my sound gear will only be a small install for the remainder of the year with an addition of new speaker pods . Next year Il be looking at getting in touch with in car studio to figure out a cool little - but powerful setup. Wont be for a while yet though. At least the main arse ache is done.

Engine bay as it is now:

Inside as it is now:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 15 May 2011, 20:18 »
Yeah well I was talked out of getting any one else to do the prept/paint so Im diving in to do it myself now.  :lol:

Started to order up bits I need. Namley dremel bits so I can get into some really awkward places down the back of the turrets to grind back welds. Got some etch primer also. Next is to get some filler and decide whats the best route for getting paint. The bay will be primed and painted at a garage I have use of with a compressor, but  I know nothing about paint, so don't know where to get paint from for the gun?

Any way, got the engine up on the engine stand today. Yeah. This got in a STATE quickly...  :lol:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 17 May 2011, 23:26 »

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 22 May 2011, 13:57 »
Oops.

Fully powder coated and fully polybushed front crossmember, subframe and rear beam.
Brembo discs and red stuff pads all round
New bearings all round
Goodridge braided lines
Boot rubber
New heater fan so no more squeak hopefully!
Ally crack pipe
handbrake cables
new throttle cable
power steering pump

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 23 June 2011, 12:12 »
sh!tty Iphone teasers of things coming together slowly. Just waiting on new seals for everything and I can really start putting it back together.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 09 July 2011, 20:17 »
another iphone photo update