Author Topic: FAO mk2 gti owners in Lincoln (digifant ECU problem)  (Read 4241 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Re: FAO mk2 gti owners in Lincoln
« Reply #20 on: 01 November 2010, 22:17 »
cheers for that mate, might be worth a go, just need to test the 2 complete (the 1st 2 got butchered as I tried repairing the 1st one with bits from the 2nd) ECU's I have on another car to see if they are actually broken  :undecided:

And if it turns out one or both is duff, then by all means take one away and see if its fixable  :smiley:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: FAO mk2 gti owners in Lincoln (digifant ECU problem)
« Reply #21 on: 02 November 2010, 01:20 »
More than worth a go, pretty much exactly what you were asking for plus the knowledge of an ecu 'expert' (not sure on status lol)  :smiley:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 02 November 2010, 09:00 »
Adi recently on the way back from work i have seen a MK2 Gti black with a white bonnet parked on the right hand side of Skelly Road,has got a clio up on axle stands too.Might be worth popping in to see him?

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 02 November 2010, 09:37 »
If only you'd said the other day  :grin:

Tax has run out on the saxo now so its the power of my own feet to get around on  :undecided:

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #24 on: 02 November 2010, 16:07 »
I have got a friend coming over to me on sat for a night out and he lives in Lincoln near the Carlton center, if you dont mind i could get him to run down to yours when he sets off and collect the ECU's and give them to me then i can pass them onto my bro to see what he can do with them?  :smiley:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 02 November 2010, 16:59 »
Thanks for the offer dude but I really wanna get them tested on another car before I assume theyre duff. They both might be OK and it might be as stupid as an earth not contacting well enough. If the weather brightens up in the next few days I'm gonna triple check everything and try again  :smiley:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 04 November 2010, 15:19 »
looks like I'm gonna be breaking this  :sad:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #27 on: 04 November 2010, 15:36 »
in a couple of weeks max my digi car will be up and running so you can try ecu's on mine

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2010, 15:49 »
that would be awesome but I just can't afford to wait that long, I need a car on the road for xmas to get about seeing family, and theres no guarantee mine will be :(

Good news is I might be swapping the saxo (that I paid £100 for) for my mums X reg 306 with no TnT (just needs tyres and a backbox), then I can sell that for £700+ :)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 04 November 2010, 16:30 »
or should I try and MOt this 306 on the cheap, sell it and use the cash to buy the missus another cheapy and use the money left over to give my golf to volkskraft and get it fixed?