Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287309 times)

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3730 on: 27 October 2012, 12:58 »
Vettle on pole again..he is going win it again this season by the looks of it.

As the season has gone on my interest has nearly hit rock bottom.
I do worry for McLaren next season.

Button is a good driver but not in the same class as a Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel.

I like Perez, but not as a replacement for Hamilton. As for Hamilton next season and beyond, I hope for his sake that the new rules for engines work in favour of Mercedes as right now they are awful and have been a very average team since the change over from Brawn.

Couldn't agree more. For me Hamilton and Alonso are the best on the grid but quite some margin. Let's hope that the 1.5 turbo charged engines come in next season!
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3731 on: 28 October 2012, 08:28 »
anyone else think it started in 5 mins  :angry: :laugh:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #3732 on: 28 October 2012, 11:40 »
What a sh!t GP. Same as last year.....
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3733 on: 28 October 2012, 11:44 »
anyone else think it started in 5 mins  :angry: :laugh:

I thought it started at 10am. Thank god for Sky+  :grin: :grin:

What a sh!t GP. Same as last year.....

Agreed  :sad:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3734 on: 28 October 2012, 14:56 »
Just been watching it on the BBC as was not up to watch it live due to my little un keeping me up to 5am!

Turned it off though after 6 laps and said to my girlfriend Vettle will win..and just looked and he did.

So predictable , even after 6 laps. Can't see anyone but him winning it now, seeing as Red Bull are so far ahead in terms of pace.

Pretty sh!te that a car financed by a drinks company is able to  be so much better than racing teams like Ferrari and McLaren, season after season.

As for McLaren, big changes have to happen here. Only one world championship winner in 13 years and no constructors win in 14 years. With just Button and Perez next season, I think you can add another year for each of those figures.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3735 on: 29 October 2012, 16:40 »
Just been watching it on the BBC as was not up to watch it live due to my little un keeping me up to 5am!

Turned it off though after 6 laps and said to my girlfriend Vettle will win..and just looked and he did.

So predictable , even after 6 laps. Can't see anyone but him winning it now, seeing as Red Bull are so far ahead in terms of pace.

Pretty sh!te that a car financed by a drinks company is able to  be so much better than racing teams like Ferrari and McLaren, season after season.

As for McLaren, big changes have to happen here. Only one world championship winner in 13 years and no constructors win in 14 years. With just Button and Perez next season, I think you can add another year for each of those figures.

Adrian Newey.. Thats all I have to say about your Drinks company comment...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3736 on: 29 October 2012, 18:36 »
I agree fully about Adrian Newey mate. He is the main reason Red Bull have such a fast car, but my point is, Ferrari and McLaren should not be so far behind Red Bull, more so McLaren.

Like I said with McLaren just the one title in 13 years now and no constructors in 14 years. Yet in that time Red Bull have come along and won 2 drivers and 2 constructors, and you can add to that 3 titles and 3 constructors this season. Even Brawn in their one and only season won both titles.

I have always been a big McLaren fan and it is very worrying to see them fall behind season after season. Look at the mid point of this season. McLaren was very strong, winning the Hungarian , Spa and Monza and now Vettle has gone on to win the last 4 races with complete ease.

Be the third year in a row Red Bull win the constructors and the margin is getting bigger each year, 2010 by 44, last year by 153 and this season they are 91 points clear with 3 races left.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3737 on: 29 October 2012, 19:25 »
For me I am getting bored with F1, vettel gets in front and creates space and wins, this is boring. Its like me using the infinite mushroom hack on super mario kart = "boring"

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3738 on: 03 November 2012, 11:11 »
I see James Murdoch is in Abu Dhabi this weekend having talks with Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes about how they would feel about the Murdoch empire buying out F1.

I really hope this does not happen, you can say goodbye to F1 from freeview if it does and god knows what they will do to the sport as whole   

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3739 on: 03 November 2012, 14:05 »
dont think webber read the team orders for that qualifying  :grin: :laugh: