Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287291 times)

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1850 on: 18 November 2010, 23:38 »
As said above Massa is a good racer, he had a chance at the championship and unfortunatly lost by 1 point, he was a strong team mate to kimi, his track record is good and over all he is a very consistant racer. If you notice aswel this season Massa has had a fair few issues with the car, various reasons to pit 2 or 3 ever 4 times in a single race, he's had a few punctures this year and other problems with tyres. If i remember rightly i'm sure Ferrari extended his contract to 2012 at the start of the season. I cant see his getting dropped just yet. In my opinion Kubica would be best suited as a team mate with Alonso as they get on with each other off track and are both very strong drivers, kubica also has a lot of respect for other drivers and very rairly bins the car.

I would like to see if Kobiyashi stay at Sauber because he has a lot of tallent for a young driver,

I think the top drivers in the field at the moment are in no order:
Hamilton,
Button,
Alonso,
Webber,
Vettle,
Kubica,
Kobiyashi,
Schumacer

I also think Buemi has a lot of potential for the future and Algushari had some interesting racing this year

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1851 on: 18 November 2010, 23:47 »
Button better than Alonso and Kubica? You're joking.

Alonso
Hamilton
Kubica
Vettel
Kobayashi (I think if one of the top 3 teams would give him a decent car he would be on Hamilton's level)
Button (No world champ, only won because the first half of 2009 Brawn were untouchable).

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1852 on: 19 November 2010, 07:06 »
Button better than Alonso and Kubica? You're joking.

Read the post!

As said above Massa is a good racer, he had a chance at the championship and unfortunatly lost by 1 point, he was a strong team mate to kimi, his track record is good and over all he is a very consistant racer. If you notice aswel this season Massa has had a fair few issues with the car, various reasons to pit 2 or 3 ever 4 times in a single race, he's had a few punctures this year and other problems with tyres. If i remember rightly i'm sure Ferrari extended his contract to 2012 at the start of the season. I cant see his getting dropped just yet. In my opinion Kubica would be best suited as a team mate with Alonso as they get on with each other off track and are both very strong drivers, kubica also has a lot of respect for other drivers and very rairly bins the car.

I would like to see if Kobiyashi stay at Sauber because he has a lot of tallent for a young driver,

I think the top drivers in the field at the moment are in no order:
Hamilton,
Button,
Alonso,
Webber,
Vettle,
Kubica,
Kobiyashi,
Schumacer

I also think Buemi has a lot of potential for the future and Algushari had some interesting racing this year

I have even hi-lighted it for you, just in case you cannot see it with your rose coloured spectacles. :tongue:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1853 on: 19 November 2010, 07:11 »
vettle didn't win the last race out of luck , he won it cos ferrari fcuked up

So luck?

no, not luck.

if you were to put diesel in a petrol car would that be bad luck or would you have fcuked up?

ferrari made a mistake due to miscalculation , luck ( chance ) had nothing to do with it.

if you want to define luck as the result of any combination of circumstances ( good or bad  ) then every single thing that ever happens is lucky or unlucky and nothing is ever anyones achievement or fault.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1854 on: 19 November 2010, 12:37 »
 :rolleyes: silly me

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1855 on: 19 November 2010, 13:04 »
Button (No world champ, only won because the first half of 2009 Brawn were untouchable).

That is the stupidest statement I've ever heard from an F1 'fan'. Red Bull have had an untouchable car all season so is Vettle and 'No World Champ' as well?

To be World Champion you need:

A Good Car
A Good Driver
A Good Team to support you
A Good bit of Lady Luck

THis year Vettle had the quickest car, he's a good driver and he was Lucky when it counted. Last year Jenson had the quickest car for a good part of the season, he's a good driver (Kept risks to a minimum and got consistant points once the other teams had caught up on pace) and had more than his fair share of luck.

At the end of the day the first person you have to beat is always your team mate. Even if your team has the quickest car, so does your team mate. Jenson beat Rubens in 2009 and Vettle beat beat Webber this year. That's the way motorsport works. Plato did the same in BTCC this year. In both 09 and 10 he had the best car, in 09 he was unlucky but this year it all came together. He roundly beat his team mate in both those seasons.

Khare I honetly think your love Alonso blinds you to some of the basic concepts of competing in motorsport. I've got nothing against you hero worshipping your countries best GP driver, in fact I think it's great. But don't let it blind you from the fact that other drivers are good but in different ways.

Nick 

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1856 on: 19 November 2010, 13:13 »
vettle didn't win the last race out of luck , he won it cos ferrari fcuked up

So luck?

no, not luck.

if you were to put diesel in a petrol car would that be bad luck or would you have fcuked up?

ferrari made a mistake due to miscalculation , luck ( chance ) had nothing to do with it.

if you want to define luck as the result of any combination of circumstances ( good or bad  ) then every single thing that ever happens is lucky or unlucky and nothing is ever anyones achievement or fault.

Fair point then.
However if the final race was undertaken on a track better for overtaking i honestly do not think Vettle would have won. The other major championship challengers would have had a far better chance of catching and fighting with Vettle for position. There is no way the Ferrari and Mclaren were to slow to pass the Renaults, it was simply because the track didnt have enough areas suitable for overtaking. 

Ferrari actually didnt make a miscalculation, from a defending point of view they made a perfect calculation and managed to keep Alonso out infront of Webber.

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1857 on: 19 November 2010, 13:27 »
I personally think that if hamilton, alonso and possibly button had been in a red bull last season, vettel wouldn't have even nearly won.  As with Braun in the season before, the better car won rather than the better driver.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1858 on: 19 November 2010, 13:31 »
Horney - I do agree with some of the stuff you say. But to be a world champion I think you need to make no or few mistakes and have a combination of what you said above too.

I think vettel makes wayy too many mistakes. If he had been in a McLaren of Ferrari no way in hell he would have got the championship. He beat Webber, but only just. Webber, on the other hand I think is consistent and a good driver, but I think he lacks overall talent. He  alongside vettel had the faster car all season and lost the title due to pressure.

Don't get me wrong I think Vettel is in the top 3 of the best drivers. If you'd seen him in the flesh you would know why. He would brake a few meters later than everryone else, and would use throttle to get the car to turn, where as the rest of the pack would do it the normal way of brake in, turn in, accelerate out.

I just think that Button is overrated. He is only good when he is happy with the car, he's always complaining about the rear end.
I think a good driver will drive a bad car well. Look at Alonso with Minardi, look at Kobayashi with Sauber, look at Kubica with Renault.
He did get a few lucky/decent runs with BAR, but they were very rare. I do like Hamilton though  :lipsrsealed: I think he's an awesome driver and a nice bloke off track. But as with every Spanish person, I think what happaned at McLaren with Alonso has scarred us for life.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2010, 13:33 by Khare »

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1859 on: 19 November 2010, 13:52 »
I agree with Khare about Button.