Author Topic: Mk7 gti seat foam  (Read 1502 times)

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
Mk7 gti seat foam
« on: 08 August 2022, 08:20 »
Is it possible to buy the seat foam from vw for the front seats. My driver side has the common breakdown of the bolster. If so, does anyone know the part number.
if in doubt,rev the arse out of it

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Mk7 gti seat foam
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2022, 08:46 »
Yes, that should be available from VW.

Sorry, dont know the part number though.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2022, 11:16 »
Been doing a bit of research on this for my mk6. Upholstery repairers for cars just replace the bolsters and seem to layer foam top and bottom to stop a repeat failure. Not looked for a repairer or costs yet as mine is still just about serviceable after 12 years!
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2022, 11:46 »
Been doing a bit of research on this for my mk6. Upholstery repairers for cars just replace the bolsters and seem to layer foam top and bottom to stop a repeat failure. Not looked for a repairer or costs yet as mine is still just about serviceable after 12 years!

I had this carried out a few months ago for a range rover, price was circa £160-180 for the two front seats and left it like new (also had the leather resprayed at the same time) with zero sag.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2022, 18:30 »
Ill try and find out a price off Vw first then i have something to work with on cost.  :smiley:

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2022, 09:36 »
Had mine replaced under warranty and they tried to say it was caused by the way people get in and out of the passenger side. I informed them it is a well known problem and they were talking crap. Hate dealers trying to fob me off.

Offline daytona

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2022, 20:12 »
Called my local stealer, £188 incl vat, but have to go in and pay as would not give part number

Offline coolhandluke123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2022, 22:24 »
Called my local stealer, £188 incl vat, but have to go in and pay as would not give part number

Is there much point in replacing it with the same type of foam? Not better getting something better from an upholstery place?
Can you not persue a warranty claim.