Author Topic: Disable Stop/Start for free in seconds.  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
Disable Stop/Start for free in seconds.
« on: 29 July 2022, 14:19 »
Just found this gem that disables stop start. Got a bit excited, so thought I would would share. Apologies, if this is already common knowledge. Like me, I know most people hate the stupid stop/start system. Rather than pay to have it coded out or buy an OBD Eleven, I found this works! 

Just unplug the battery maintenance module. (No idea if this affects warranties).

GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Disable Stop/Start for free in seconds.
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2022, 15:03 »
Been discussed a few times but it's not advisable to disconnect it. Can't remember if it's something to do with the car now not knowing the state of charge of the battery. Much easier to just press the button each time you get in the car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2022, 15:09 »
Ahh okay. I just do a tonne of driving and getting in and out a lot... it's annoying. When I forget to turn it off, it jerks forward hard and feels unhealthy on the car... and is annoying ha
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2022, 16:18 »
Yes, it's to do with battery management and charging and disconnecting it is not advisable.

You'd be better off with one of those memory module things which remembers the last state of the start/stop button, basically once pressed to disable it remembers that state even when the ignition cycled.

Something like this - http://www.4gochip.com/
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2022, 17:25 »
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2022, 17:25 »
Yes, it's to do with battery management and charging and disconnecting it is not advisable.

You'd be better off with one of those memory module things which remembers the last state of the start/stop button, basically once pressed to disable it remembers that state even when the ignition cycled.

Something like this - http://www.4gochip.com/

Just ordered one! Cheers!
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2022, 17:27 »
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2022, 17:38 »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2022, 21:47 »
I did mine with Carista. Although still technically still on it never operates as the system thinks that the battery isn't charged enough.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2022, 08:49 »
I wonder if you could link the switch to the ignition start switch so when you started the car it turned off the stop/start, no would need to be short to earth switches tho,