Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773469 times)

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12420 on: 10 August 2022, 01:11 »
 I knew I would get to use this somewhere! Jonny Smith of the Late Brake Show was the first person I heard refer to the wing badges as a ‘flitzer’. I checked. He’s right. I only learned that recently.

Quite an interesting (old) review. Flitzer at 9:17.  :nerd:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/ik78fj/jonny_smith_driving_the_mk8_gti/
« Last Edit: 10 August 2022, 01:37 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12421 on: 10 August 2022, 09:40 »

Quality, better than just decals. Once it’s had its paint correction polish tomorrow and ceramic coating Thursday I can’t wait to see on the boot.

The side blades look just like GTI badges, not sure about changing those yet.

You might want to get the badges put on before the ceramic coating, it can affect the bond between the vhb tape and the paint.  :smiley:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12422 on: 10 August 2022, 20:23 »

Quality, better than just decals. Once it’s had its paint correction polish tomorrow and ceramic coating Thursday I can’t wait to see on the boot.

The side blades look just like GTI badges, not sure about changing those yet.

You might want to get the badges put on before the ceramic coating, it can affect the bond between the vhb tape and the paint.  :smiley:

Thanks. That’s what my guy is doing 😉
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12423 on: 11 August 2022, 16:33 »
It’s back! Was a hard job as some deep marks and said paint is really soft on this car, like a Jag he did earlier in the year but it’s so much better than before!

My main concern is my wife needs to use it tomorrow as clutch gone in her car and just had wheels refurbed to take out the gouges she’s out in before so I’m a little scared 😩

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12424 on: 11 August 2022, 21:06 »
Looks great!

On a different note, what's it like with the stage 1?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12425 on: 11 August 2022, 21:54 »
Looks great!

On a different note, what's it like with the stage 1?

Well I’ve had it for about 18 months now and no issues and on the TCR….very very hot hatch! Pulls like a beast, even up steep hills just goes like it’s not there.

Well worth the upgrade and was just fine on insurance too.

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12426 on: 11 August 2022, 22:59 »
Well what seemed like the longest week and a half i finally got my TCR back. After fighting a losing battle with stone chips she went in for a full front end respray and PPF. Money well spent? Time will tell i guess lol.

You know sometimes when you see something you can't unsee it? I had that but the bodyshop sorted it for a freebie for me. I won't say what it is as hopefully a picture speaks a thousand words  :grin:
Before

After

A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12427 on: 12 August 2022, 06:39 »
That would have driven me nuts😂

Car looks mint👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12428 on: 12 August 2022, 09:11 »
Well I’ve had it for about 18 months now and no issues and on the TCR….very very hot hatch! Pulls like a beast, even up steep hills just goes like it’s not there.

Well worth the upgrade and was just fine on insurance too.

Have you had the TCU remapped too?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12429 on: 12 August 2022, 10:09 »
Well what seemed like the longest week and a half i finally got my TCR back. After fighting a losing battle with stone chips she went in for a full front end respray and PPF. Money well spent? Time will tell i guess lol.

Welcome to the PPF club, You'll feel silly for a month or two but 6 months+ on you'll think it's the best thing ever  :grin: Looks fantastic
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/