Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149123 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3190 on: 05 April 2022, 21:05 »
It’s so nice to be finally in a VW golf GTI forum!

I’ve owned bangers all my life and have now upgraded to a luscious car I can take pride in and enjoy.
Meet my GTI 7.5PP DSG in a beautiful Atlantic blue. I don’t normally like the colours blue and red together but I saw this specimen the other day and thought, I need that in my life. So I set out on a mission to find the same car that I could own. Lone behold… I now own one  :grin:

Congratulations! And welcome to the forum :smiley: Drive and enjoy!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3191 on: 06 April 2022, 09:20 »
Welcome, looks really good in blue.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline jc_tattooer_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3192 on: 14 March 2023, 23:24 »
Evening guys!

Picked up my first Gti today, had loads of veedub stuff over the years, mostly diesels but now I’ve gotten myself a 7.5 Gti with dsg…. Can’t wait to get some miles done in it! Not been on a forum for many years, so I’ll have a good read on the whole lot!

‘18 Mk7.5 GTi DSG deep black pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3193 on: 16 March 2023, 19:14 »
Welcome  :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline jc_tattooer_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3194 on: 19 March 2023, 16:54 »
Thanks, looking forward to meeting you all properly at some meets
‘18 Mk7.5 GTi DSG deep black pearl

Offline lessers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3195 on: 08 May 2023, 09:45 »
jc_tattooer_
Exactly the same as mine but mine is manual same colour tho, gets dirty quick lol... I gave it its first blat the other day after gaining confidence up and was very surprised with the performance, it made me smile loads, we have a road locally called the mad mile where most petrol heads run up and down, straight road, so good visually far ahead.
2019 Black golf Gti performance 245 manual box gloss black

Offline PAS

• Just got here
« Reply #3196 on: 05 July 2023, 09:15 »
Picked up a 2017 7.5 PP DSG about a month ago, only done just over 10k miles. Came from an LCI X3 M40i, which due to working from home was not being used all that much, as I had a biggish deposit in it I decided to take most of that back and get something which for me is a little more rounded. I never felt connected to the M40i, it was all about the engine and tech, both are incredible but the GTi has so far reacquainted me with the enjoyment of driving :)

Sooo...it has Austin wheels, when I went to look at the car the garage had this one and a 7, they both had wheel refurbs and they mixed up the cars putting the wheels back on. The salesman had no clue until I pointed it out. Ultimately the Austin's are wearing PS4's with decent tread and personally I prefer the look of them to Parker's. When the car was brand new it came with optioned Seville's, god knows what happened to them but after some online picture comparisons I am still happy with the Austin's.

My owners manual didn't have the data sticker and couldn't locate it in the boot area etc, finally got a confirmation of original factory options from VW CS..

Atlantic Blue
Seville wheels
DCC
Climate windscreen
Lane assist plus/Dynamic light assist

Dynaudio & pan roof would have been nice, but hey its all about the driving :)

« Last Edit: 05 July 2023, 09:17 by PAS »

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #3197 on: 05 July 2023, 10:34 »
Atlantic Blue
Seville wheels
DCC
Climate windscreen
Lane assist plus/Dynamic light assist

Dynaudio & pan roof would have been nice, but hey its all about the driving :)

Welcome! That's a lovely spec, I'd have happily traded Dynaudio for the dynamic light assist! But if you do feel the audio is lacking there are factory accessories in the form of the VW Helix Sub (by Audiotec Fischer) and digital sound processor that really improve the audio.

I'm sure you're not missing the fuel bill on the M40i, we had a M340i as a loan car and although not bad on fuel by any means the GTI's just sips it in comparison.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline PAS

• Just got here
« Reply #3198 on: 05 July 2023, 11:18 »
Welcome! That's a lovely spec, I'd have happily traded Dynaudio for the dynamic light assist! But if you do feel the audio is lacking there are factory accessories in the form of the VW Helix Sub (by Audiotec Fischer) and digital sound processor that really improve the audio.

I'm sure you're not missing the fuel bill on the M40i, we had a M340i as a loan car and although not bad on fuel by any means the GTI's just sips it in comparison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank-you willni. Yes have seen the Helix sub, thinking of getting it installed along with a reverse cam retrofit. Although having looked at your build I am thinking I need some Belvedere's and mudflaps :)

TBH the fuel on the M40i wasn't really a massive factor mainly due to low miles. When cruising the B58 was surprisingly efficient. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the GTi over next few months. Steering feel and RFT on 21" wheels was probably the nail in the coffin for me, would have definitely changed to 20" non run flats if kept the car longer.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3199 on: 05 July 2023, 14:39 »
Great colour and I think the Austins look good. Plus cheaper tyres and better ride, winner winner! Enjoy!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.