Author Topic: DCC and ACC?  (Read 30109 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: DCC and ACC?
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2013, 13:36 »
I have found "normal" on the ACC pretty useless on my Scirocco. "Normal" is so close to "Sport" in it's feel most of the time that it is in "Sport" unless I am on a road with known potholes, or that has a generally poor surface or in the winter when there is a much higher risk of unknown/new potholes. For those times I switch to "comfort" for a softer ride and hopefully a lessened blow to the tyres/wheels/suspension should I hit a pothole. I do find it handy from time to time, but I won't be paying £800 for me. I did find the ride very harsh on my MK5 Golf GT Sport 170TDI (with standard 17" wheels) compared to my Roc in ACC "Sport" mode on standard 18" wheels. I am hoping the ride on my GTD will be on a par with the Roc in Sport mode.

The UK VW brochure has always named the adjustable chassis control as "ACC" and on the continent it is known as "DCC". In the highline computer screen a change on the "ACC" button is called up as "DCC". Most of the confusion here seems to be with the "ADC" adaptive distance control which also incorporates the cruise control system which maintains a "safe" distance from the car in front.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 April 2013, 16:51 »
Guys, I have owned a Mk6 GiT from new (without ACC) and also driven a mates M6 GiT (with ACC).
My personal view is that I should have ordered the ACC option on mine, but due to the wifes unbearable nagging I decided to limit my optional extras. I now feel that I should have simply wore a pair of earplugs to screen her out  :evil:
With the state of the roads nowadays, I think that it would be a great option to be able to switch from hard to soft modes especially considering the low profile 18"/19" tyres on offer.
If you can, I suggest you go for the Chassis Control option, but thats only my humble advice  :smiley:

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 27 April 2013, 22:41 »
Guys, I have owned a Mk6 GiT from new (without ACC) and also driven a mates M6 GiT (with ACC).
My personal view is that I should have ordered the ACC option on mine, but due to the wifes unbearable nagging I decided to limit my optional extras. I now feel that I should have simply wore a pair of earplugs to screen her out  :evil:
With the state of the roads nowadays, I think that it would be a great option to be able to switch from hard to soft modes especially considering the low profile 18"/19" tyres on offer.
If you can, I suggest you go for the Chassis Control option, but thats only my humble advice  :smiley:

Red

Can you describe the difference between the two you drove?

Also, before you drove your mates with ACC were you displeased with your non ACC GTI?  In other words, for those of us who don't want the cost creeping up if we never drive an ACC equipped GTI are we ever gonna realise we're missing out?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2013, 22:54 »
It's worth bearing in mind that the mk7 is supposed to have stiffer springs than the mk6 and is lighter so may have a slightly firmer ride, my mk6 doesn't have DCC and is OK most of the time like on motorway journeys and smooth roads but can get tiresome on poor surfaces, i'm hoping the the DCC on the 7 will help.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2013, 19:31 »

Red

Can you describe the difference between the two you drove?

Also, before you drove your mates with ACC were you displeased with your non ACC GTI?  In other words, for those of us who don't want the cost creeping up if we never drive an ACC equipped GTI are we ever gonna realise we're missing out?

Hey BillyBear, no was never displeased with my non-ACC GiT and do still love it. Many people would be happy to stick to non-ACC as is a sporty car but I wished to have gone for the option which gave me the choice

YNWA

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2013, 21:35 »
Hey BillyBear, no was never displeased with my non-ACC GiT and do still love it. Many people would be happy to stick to non-ACC as is a sporty car but I wished to have gone for the option which gave me the choice

I caved and asked the dealer to add it.  Thanks for the info!

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2013, 16:01 »

I caved and asked the dealer to add it.  Thanks for the info!

Well done, personally I think that you have made the right choice thus giving you the option to switch ride comfort. Still wish I had gone for it !!

Best wishes pal, Red

YNWA

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 02 July 2013, 11:30 »
As mentioned guys I am going to start the ball rolling on this one again, sorry.

I have driven 3 GT's recently where there was a Mode button to select Comfort Normal Sport Eco Individual (individual let you change Steering/Engine/Ride differently), that was all there was on the screen, I think this is DCC

What is ACC then that is costing me £800  :grin:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2013, 11:39 »
As mentioned guys I am going to start the ball rolling on this one again, sorry.

I have driven 3 GT's recently where there was a Mode button to select Comfort Normal Sport Eco Individual (individual let you change Steering/Engine/Ride differently), that was all there was on the screen, I think this is DCC

DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) and ACC (Adaptive Chassis Control) are one and the same thing.  If you had a separate physical switch to select between "Sport, Normal and Comfort", then yes, this is the option that costs £800.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2013, 11:41 »

DCC and ACC are the same thing - pneumatically adjusted dampers to firm or soften the ride. On my dad's GTD it had options to alter the ACC system that he hasn't specced. I suspect the reference to it is still there as the ACC on the Scirocco is tied to the steering weighting system. On the Scirocco, having dampers adjust to Sport also meant sport mode on steering to add more weight to it. Perhaps they couldn't be bothered to remove it or grey it out for non ACC/DCC equipped cars and without it, it still has relevance to the steering feel.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.