Author Topic: Bluefin on a GT TDI 140 MK6  (Read 12442 times)

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
Bluefin on a GT TDI 140 MK6
« on: 08 January 2011, 19:13 »
Hi,

I'm a bit new at this posting lark despite being a keen lurker.

I have a GT 140 mk6 and have been considering / tempted by the Bluefin - has anyone or flc1962 in particular had any issues or concerns with it at all?

I love the idea of it, but would like to hear real-world experience with it on this engine.

I'm particularly concerned DPF issues etc?

« Last Edit: 08 January 2011, 19:33 by The Doc »
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
Re: Bluefin on a GT TDI 140 MK6
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2011, 21:08 »
None at all,  it makes it feel sharper, 2,3,4 have more pull, can't say I notice any MPG gain as I've had it on so long. Have taken it off for servicing and if the car went back (paint work issues). easy to connect and run.

If you do get it when you first install the engine managment light stays on, just switch off and then on again and its gone that only happens when the map is put on either first time or after a re install. Found superchips very helpful if needed.

I still average 53mpg but still not done a long run.

Any other concerns let me know

FLC

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2011, 21:24 »
Can't comment on the diesel engine but the bluefin is so easy to use and you can revert to the original map when required.

Takes about 5 minutes to switch between maps.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2011, 21:40 »
Thanks for the replies folks; so very tempted.....!
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2011, 22:20 »
I'm tempted to. Anyone seen any Bluefin deals on their travels?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2011, 23:20 »

They sell it on EBAY, you can get the handset reprogrammed, personally would not do it, there are some things better to pay the man for than take the risk. I always thought you had the Petrol version GT.

Had mine over a year v pleased...

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2011, 19:00 »

Ive been looking for a while now and the cheapest ive been offered is £405 delivered.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2011, 19:02 by sundaydriver »

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2011, 22:18 »
Think I paid £450 ish at the time. Just seems to make the engine smoother

I was a biker so have done all the stupid break neck speeds and acceleration, a non offical 0-60 though last was about 7.8 seconds when warm could be faster but my gear changes ain't what they use to be, over taking is sweet and motor way acceleration is easy and effort less..

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2011, 10:11 »

They sell it on EBAY, you can get the handset reprogrammed, personally would not do it, there are some things better to pay the man for than take the risk. I always thought you had the Petrol version GT.

I went to the garage with the idea of getting a diesel but when talking to the dealer I enquired about the petrol as I was toying with it but he was reluctant to take the order at the time as it was a minimum 20 weeks as they couldn't produce the engines quick enough.  So thankfully stayed with my original suggestion as the price of both fuels is extortionate, so would rather fill up a lot less often  :laugh:

So Bluefin may be on the card if I can get a reasonable deal for one.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2011, 11:00 »

I went to the garage with the idea of getting a diesel but when talking to the dealer I enquired about the petrol as I was toying with it but he was reluctant to take the order at the time as it was a minimum 20 weeks as they couldn't produce the engines quick enough.  So thankfully stayed with my original suggestion as the price of both fuels is extortionate, so would rather fill up a lot less often  :laugh:

So Bluefin may be on the card if I can get a reasonable deal for one.
Bluefins dont work if your ECU is scrambled :sad:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf