Author Topic: ABF Chip  (Read 14655 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Re: ABF Chip
« Reply #40 on: 27 April 2009, 19:23 »
Hello Paul,

Sound like you had some good fun then!  We have just purchased a second hand Bosch load based rolling road and the Bosch diagnostics system which will allow us to tune the older cars on the dyno. It should be installed over the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if you even want to pop down for a fine tune and data logging session just drop me a pm.  Once the Bosch dyno and the old skool diagnostics system has been fitted we will be offering the chip tuning service as a every day thing.

Nick
Nick

We went to Abingdon on Friday and the chip performed really well. 10 sessions on track and no problems. The car now pulls well out of the corners in third gear where it was bogging down before in third but too fast to drop down into second.
Best lap time was a good 4 seconds quicker than at the end of last year and average lap times are now rivalling last years best.
Interested in your rolling road set up when you are up and running.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Ben

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 27 April 2009, 20:39 »
4 seconds quicker?? cannot be nicks remap imo it must be your driving getting better..lol

The dyno will be set up for sweep power runs and graphs towards the end of july once nick has got his wedding and honey moon paid for and they have tied the knot.  the upgrade for the rolling road is going to cost us around £5.5k alone but it will be one of the best set ups around for power runs - load based remapping and rolling road days with a bar-b-q  heheheheh. :tongue:

At the moment the rolling road is fully running and set up for load based tuning only so no power curves just KW output at a given rpm/speed which is better than an inertia power run.

Ben
the dwarf from the north

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 28 April 2009, 12:39 »
Yes driving getting better.

Let me know when your up and running after July and I'll book in.

Cheers

Paul