Author Topic: is a remap safe  (Read 16265 times)

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: is a remap safe
« Reply #30 on: 28 September 2012, 22:20 »
chucked a map on the 200k passat i got off chuff  :evil:

it did traumatise the ratteling wastegate a bit to much tho,    found the valve head wedged in the exhaust turbine.   quite how it managed to get there i failed to work out,   2nd hand turbos are cheep enough rebuild kits are cheep enough as well, ether rebuild it if suspect it or get a 2nd hand one and rebuild that.

as for clutches if a map kills it it was on its way out anyway
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #31 on: 29 September 2012, 09:30 »
chucked a map on the 200k passat i got off chuff  :evil:

it did traumatise the ratteling wastegate a bit to much tho,    found the valve head wedged in the exhaust turbine.   quite how it managed to get there i failed to work out,   2nd hand turbos are cheep enough rebuild kits are cheep enough as well, ether rebuild it if suspect it or get a 2nd hand one and rebuild that.

as for clutches if a map kills it it was on its way out anyway

This has set me me up for the day. I love your attitude  :grin:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline Rob Zombie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 16 December 2012, 11:22 »
How has no one picked up on 50 pounds of talk yet?

I was just casually reading through when I find this little gem!

Hat off to you sir :D
Performance mods: Revo stage 2 map, 5 Peice Hose Kit & TIP, Evoloution Motorsport Air Filter, N249 by-pass, Forge spliter valve, ECS N75 Valve, KW 50mm springs &shocks, Front & Rear Eiabach ARB, Full Milltek Turbo back exhaust.

BHP: 231
TRQ: 251.7 lb-ft

Offline kingaz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2013, 23:13 »
Hello people! I have just bought my first golf gti its a mk4 turbo 180 bph. I have just swapped it for a my peugeot 306gti6 an am to be honest gutted it dont feel as quick. Was just seeing if for 1 a induction kit makes it sound nicer an puts more power into it an 2 if a ecu remap does any harm to your engine. Thanks Neil

In the same predicament..sold my gti to buy a golf turbo and dssapointed. The 6 has always beat golf gtis but i didnt realise how slow they r. Now iv gotta spend twice what it cost me just to get it the same speed as my gti6 lol!! Although the golfs alot nicer and smoother to drive. But u cant beat a gti 6 for a little hatch. And to whoever sed theyre the same as a vts..a vts is 120bhp the gti 6 is near on 170 and pulls like a train right off the clock. Defo gonna purchase another 6 in the future. Hopefully ill be happier with my golf in the coming months too :)

Offline MK3GTI_16Valve

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 11 March 2013, 20:19 »
Was the pug reliable?

Offline kingaz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2013, 14:50 »
Was the pug reliable?

Tbh mate when i got it i thought i was gna have loadsa problems with it, being French and all that lol. But after owning it for a year the only problems i had was aux belt snapping and a headlight bulb blowing! I ragged that car every day and it was spot on. Really suprised me tbh. Will possibly get another as a track car or something when iv got cash spare..which atm is never as its goin on the golf lol