Author Topic: Revo remaps  (Read 13468 times)

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: Revo remaps
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2013, 22:56 »
Ive have 2 AUM Golf GTIs at the moment. One has a Remap Science remap the other a Revo, and I cant tell much difference between them.
I didn't use Rtech because they only have 1 map and that is for super unleaded.
As I am not chasing BHP at a cost of travelling miles to find a 98 ron fuel supplier, I opted for these 2.
Remap Science is a custom map, and the Revo map can be tweeked slightly once installed on the car.
Ive used Revo on 2 Golf Mk4 AUMs, and think they are great.
It took Remap Science 2 attempts to get the map right, as it was loosing boost over 3000 revs. All sorted now though.

Rtech would map it fine.... You just see better results with super due to less knock allowing more timing advance to make power

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline nottyash

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2013, 16:10 »
Ive have 2 AUM Golf GTIs at the moment. One has a Remap Science remap the other a Revo, and I cant tell much difference between them.
As I am not chasing BHP at a cost of travelling miles to find a 98 ron fuel supplier, I opted for these 2.
Remap Science is a custom map, and the Revo map can be tweeked slightly once installed on the car.
It took Remap Science 2 attempts to get the map right, as it was loosing boost over 3000 revs. All sorted now though.

Rtech would map it fine.... You just see better results with super due to less knock allowing more timing advance to make power

Well when I asked Rtech I was told there remap is for super unleaded only, and then said I shouldn't map it for 95ron because it would damage my engine... which is rubbish.
What they meant was they cant map my car for 95 ron because they have 1 map, and its for 98 ron. Simples  :smiley:
2002 51 Golf GTI 1.8T Black
2002 02 Golf GTI 1.8T Blue
2003 53 Ford Mondeo ST 220 Estate Blue
2004 54 Mini Cooper S

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2013, 17:55 »

Well when I asked Rtech I was told there remap is for super unleaded only, and then said I shouldn't map it for 95ron because it would damage my engine... which is rubbish.
What they meant was they cant map my car for 95 ron because they have 1 map, and its for 98 ron. Simples  :smiley:
i think r -tech know a bit more about these engines and mapping them than yourself  :grin: 

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2013, 18:01 »
Engine would run fine on 95.  The reason they recommend 98 or super is because it allows more timing and is generally safer as the engine does t 'knock' retard timing and power drops.  If you want a quick car you gotta put the right stuff on it.  Super only about 3p per litre more and over a tank it's about 30-50p max for a much better, smoother running motor

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2013, 23:14 »
Reeeeevooooooooooooo
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2013, 23:39 »
Reeeeevooooooooooooo broke my turbo
:grin: :grin:

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2013, 23:45 »

Barry your have to come show me your map against my 300bhp revo map?  :evil:
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2013, 09:32 »

Barry your have to come show me your map against my 300bhp revo map?  :evil:
cant really show you it  :grin: :grin:  an is 300bhp all they got from the gt28

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #18 on: 17 July 2013, 21:11 »
Find the guy with, my 300-r tech agu  :laugh:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Roystar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 17 July 2013, 21:58 »
I got a R-tech map 241bhp I would recommend them all day long. Revo is way to aggressive especially stage 1 plus its not custom to your car. So many variables.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2013, 22:06 by Roystar »