Author Topic: Remapping  (Read 17333 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Re: Remapping
« Reply #50 on: 17 January 2012, 23:58 »
You lot use google and leave the tuna's alone

Sign up to an ECU forum, loads of helpful people on there, but they won't spoon feed you as remember this trade is their bread and butter, they will challenge you somewhat. Also look for existing guides out there, I'll list a brilliant one:

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

Keep original file, it will make life easier than going "errrr lads I need original file for xxxxxx"
Dig out info on the cars limits if possible, search file names and what they do as well as map size (eg 256x1) and location etc...
See if possible what people have already done similar and aim for a similar setup - this will help you learn, especially if some people will blindly tell you the advance etc they set on the same engine
Look for various tools on the internet to aid in calculations, bosch have one for there MAFs

Enjoy and use a condom

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #51 on: 18 January 2012, 00:07 »
Another good place for basic ECU info is kit car forums, they will be running after-market options like megasquirt-II etc.. on there lotus 7 1.6 zetec replica's, also read up on otto engines and a few basics like injector lag, flame burn time etc...

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 18 January 2012, 00:34 »
Haha, I understand its a VERY deep ocean to learn to swim in for a beginner....but we all have to start somewhere.

Ive read that the 3.8.2 packs are very similar to the 3.8.3 pack (80%) and it will help pick out a lot of maps from there and is a good starting point.

Done expect to be spoon fed answers here, I have plenty of time to sit down read, read and read some more now Im stuck in the house recovering.

Just a shame there isnt much ME3 info out there....unlike ME7 where you can find masses of info very easily.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #53 on: 18 January 2012, 12:00 »
Ive found a Dam0s pack for me3.8 but unsure of its accuracy.....and its all in german.

It's all part of the "fun" if your relying on it.

Done expect to be spoon fed answers here, I have plenty of time to sit down read, read and read some more now Im stuck in the house recovering.

Recovering from what?

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #54 on: 18 January 2012, 12:00 »
ME3 is a lot simpler, plenty info around. Get on some ECU tuning forums from time to time they have mini guides and manuals you can download.

You can flash the ME3.8.3 via OBD, but remember if the cars been mapped you may not be able to easily retract the original file as tuners add security features to safegaurd their work, otherwise you coud read the eeprom and distrabute there work without any effort.

Its all good fun, plus on the ECU forums a good thing is edit or attempt to write a map from information you gather and submit it for a rate on the forum, you will get feedback and people will advise what needs to be done or mistakes you have made, as well as guide you to what you have missed out.

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 18 January 2012, 12:57 »

Recovering from what?
[/quote]

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=217339.msg2022253#msg2022253

Have a look there mate :(

Click For Build Thread

Offline Matt90

• Just got here
Re: Remapping problem
« Reply #56 on: 18 February 2012, 14:38 »
Hi there I have just had my golf 1.8T aum remapped with a full turbo back exhaust runnin a sports cat but ever since I've had the map done it keeps dropping the boost right down to 0.3bar and it will stay like that for a few hours then start boosting up at the correct level again...... Just wondering if anyone had any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?????.

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 18 February 2012, 16:10 »
Any fault codes?

Might be detecting overboost?

Click For Build Thread