Author Topic: Lets see the power of R-tech  (Read 13198 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Lets see the power of R-tech
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2011, 21:39 »
All I found out was

Uprated coilpacks  :undecided: certainly weren't standard......
HPFP
Forge Actuator bolted to the standard turbo (I'd assume some other tweaks too)
Forge DV
Forge Twintake
Forge Intercooler
REVO Stage 2+ map and REVO DSG software
Turbo back exhaust

Possibly one or two other bits  :undecided:

Running k04 ?

Not according to the owner  :undecided:  And it certainly didn't look any different under the bonnet

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2011, 21:53 »
IMO that make it one of the highest recorded power runs from a TFSI with k03?, I most I have seen was 282bhp with HPFP, Thats Awesome power it pulls and pulls.   I wonder If I could get a TFSI turbo to fit my AUM head? :smug:

@MaXXeh
My aim for tomorrow is to get full linear control of the fuel rail pressure and boost at around 280bhp, once the engine, ecu and I am happy I will start to wind the power up to 340bhp over the next 2-3 days.   Tuning this combintaion for peak power is every easy, its the part throttle and low end mapping which is a pain to get right. The aim wont be peak number just a broad power curve with lots of area under it.

The mk5 gti I tuned last week with full ko4s spec and engine made 340 bhp far to easy and had to be tamed closer to 315-320bhp as it was running happy shopper LingLong tyres...pmsl and still had a cat in play.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2011, 18:55 »
Update.

Boost pipe fail..lol

Got fuel and rail pressure mapping about right, which seems to have stopped the bad missfire which the stock and old map had across the whole band.  Started to rescale then n75 mapping to allow the k04 to work the the 2.5bar maps sensor, without this the boost will become uncontrolled and climb at the top end of the rpm(which was the cause of the limp mode on the last mapping)  got the car running 270lbft 320bhp @1.2bar on a basic custom map which is seeing the boost follow the requested line. The peak load request is sitting at 184% which for some reason I cannot get any higher request at the moment, I think there is a map or axis in your software which is capping the load, I have found one of the axis on one of the torque maps is set t0 180% So I have rasied it and need to test and log in the morning. A part from the its fast as feck and very smooth.

01455 617233

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2011, 23:19 »
Update.

Boost pipe fail..lol

Got fuel and rail pressure mapping about right, which seems to have stopped the bad missfire which the stock and old map had across the whole band.  Started to rescale then n75 mapping to allow the k04 to work the the 2.5bar maps sensor, without this the boost will become uncontrolled and climb at the top end of the rpm(which was the cause of the limp mode on the last mapping)  got the car running 270lbft 320bhp @1.2bar on a basic custom map which is seeing the boost follow the requested line. The peak load request is sitting at 184% which for some reason I cannot get any higher request at the moment, I think there is a map or axis in your software which is capping the load, I have found one of the axis on one of the torque maps is set t0 180% So I have rasied it and need to test and log in the morning. A part from the its fast as feck and very smooth.

i thought that boost pipe would fail at one point, bloody dum that connection.

Happy to hear it is going well mate  :smiley:.  I do have the other map sensor if it makes anything easier.  I was thinking can we have it spiting flames and popping  :rolleyes:  I like righting a few granny’s off lol.

You can have the car for as long as needed i am having fun killing the mk4 (i forgot how bad they are standard)

Ps, did u see if them air filters made any difference?

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2011, 08:41 »
Update.

Boost pipe fail..lol

I thought that boost pipe would fail at one point, bloody dum that connection.

Happy to hear it is going well mate  :smiley:.  I do have the other map sensor if it makes anything easier.  I was thinking can we have it spiting flames and popping  :rolleyes:  I like righting a few granny’s off lol.

You can have the car for as long as needed i am having fun killing the mk4 (i forgot how bad they are standard)

Ps, did u see if them air filters made any difference?

That boost pipe was bad by design, I have re-engineered the alloy joiner so the OE clip fits in flush and cannot come out.
 I dont think there is a way to get pops and bangs on the ME9 ecu as the fuel strategy is nothing like the ME7 setup, when tuning for power we use the homogenous fuel mapping to make power at a richer rate, but the combustion is that good its hard to dump a little fuel.  There are fuel realted maps for shift points which could be use but might only work with DSG? If I get the back log of jobs out I will take a look for you, What number cell rate sports cat are you using

The 2.5bar maps sensor will be fine, (it would be a total pain to setup in mapping, maybe only way to do it would be use an ed30 ecu?)
 I am not going to run a spike of boost I will aim for clip 21psi and hold just under it to get around 300lbft over most of the torque band, where a stage2 map for HPFP on a oe k04 car would peak 23-24psi.

01455 617233

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2011, 09:18 »
cheers for fixxing that alloy connecter, i was going to give it the chop if it blew. If you cant get it poping not to worry just thought it would be a nice extra, it roars when you floor it anyway  :smug: I think it is a 100cell sports cat.

I will see how i get on with this power and if i get bored i will rebuild the engine and put a gt28rs(or better) on the old girl and find an edtion 30 ecu.

The car also has a polar fsi+ unit so if you can work out how to change the menus on the dash,  it will give u a sh!t load of info.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2011, 16:17 »
cheers for fixxing that alloy connecter, i was going to give it the chop if it blew. If you cant get it poping not to worry just thought it would be a nice extra, it roars when you floor it anyway  :smug: I think it is a 100cell sports cat.

I will see how i get on with this power and if i get bored i will rebuild the engine and put a gt28rs(or better) on the old girl and find an edtion 30 ecu.

The car also has a polar fsi+ unit so if you can work out how to change the menus on the dash,  it will give u a sh!t load of info.

keeping within the 2.5bar map sensor range I have managed to get 330bhp 308lbft so far.. :cool:   Just fine tuning the KRKATE map which I was on about and looking for the other day which in theory should be 13% less for the S3 injectors, fuel trims with out this changed was -16%, now down to -2%.   

Its about done dude.... and its fast as feck to 7227rpm :smug:   I will be seeing you next week.

01455 617233

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2011, 17:29 »

keeping within the 2.5bar map sensor range I have managed to get 330bhp 308lbft so far.. :cool:   Just fine tuning the KRKATE map which I was on about and looking for the other day which in theory should be 13% less for the S3 injectors, fuel trims with out this changed was -16%, now down to -2%.   

Its about done dude.... and its fast as feck to 7227rpm :smug:   I will be seeing you next week.

haha like it mate, sounds good  :laugh:  she must go like a bat out of hel  :evil:

I will get that clutch and lsd installed when i get her back.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 17:42 by MaXXeH »

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #18 on: 08 October 2011, 11:41 »
upload a graph when u got a spare min  :smug:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here