Author Topic: Carbon Chiptuning REVIEW---- MORE-BHP ReMap to Carbon Chiptuning ReMap  (Read 20887 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
I'll give you a pepsi challenge.

My PD130 love wagon feels a bit flat. I think the "map" on it is a bit pony to be honest. Whatchya gonna do now.....

:grin:

Get your ass over and we'll have a tinker  :grin:

I'll talk to you about that emissions data too  :wink:

You busy on Sat 25th of this month Craig?

Why you keeping me hanging dude?

Sorry mate, have been mega busy these last few days! I'll hit you up with a PM this evening :wink:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
I wouldn't say that the early step down is anything to worry about, if anything, yes there will be a slight fuel penalty, but more power = more fuel. You'll get a slight benefit in terms of lowering in-cylinder temperatures and EGTs so the effects should balance roughly. (from my OEM experience) However, I am not a software monkey so couldn't comment on the more indepth goings on.

I was more laughing at the lambda as a similar level in diesels makes them right smokey bastids... oh and I love the smell of petrol. :lipsrsealed:

Hi
My reply was to do with software and aim towards it should not dip like take at that point, the aum sw has maps for cylinder wall wetting for cooling at the top end of the rpm range, but in the peak torque band it should be around 13.5:1. I cannot see why the fuel steps early, unless the maf is reading wrong or a PVC leak as this is the only time I see plots like this.   The other problem will be too much fuel at lower cat temp washing the cat out.  Fingers crossed tomorrow his graph will be better.  Bosch make the ecu too complex for it's own good.  Lol

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
I'll give you a pepsi challenge.

My PD130 love wagon feels a bit flat. I think the "map" on it is a bit pony to be honest. Whatchya gonna do now.....

:grin:

All good mate, we'll have some fun son  :wink:

Get your ass over and we'll have a tinker  :grin:

I'll talk to you about that emissions data too  :wink:

You busy on Sat 25th of this month Craig?

Why you keeping me hanging dude?

Sorry mate, have been mega busy these last few days! I'll hit you up with a PM this evening :wink:

Cool mate, it will a fast track super learning curve  :grin:

I wouldn't say that the early step down is anything to worry about, if anything, yes there will be a slight fuel penalty, but more power = more fuel. You'll get a slight benefit in terms of lowering in-cylinder temperatures and EGTs so the effects should balance roughly. (from my OEM experience) However, I am not a software monkey so couldn't comment on the more indepth goings on.

I was more laughing at the lambda as a similar level in diesels makes them right smokey bastids... oh and I love the smell of petrol. :lipsrsealed:

Hi
My reply was to do with software and aim towards it should not dip like take at that point, the aum sw has maps for cylinder wall wetting for cooling at the top end of the rpm range, but in the peak torque band it should be around 13.5:1. I cannot see why the fuel steps early, unless the maf is reading wrong or a PVC leak as this is the only time I see plots like this.   The other problem will be too much fuel at lower cat temp washing the cat out.  Fingers crossed tomorrow his graph will be better.  Bosch make the ecu too complex for it's own good.  Lol

:smiley:
« Last Edit: 09 June 2011, 23:13 by The Doc »

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
Sorry for the delay, Stu brought his car in and we managed to squeeze a few more ponies from it, as suspected the N75 valve wasn't up to the job so we're waiting for Stu to return with his replacement so we can do some more teaks and runs on the dyno  :wink:

He seemed happy with the results  :grin:

Offline StusDUB

• GTI forum regular
The Story Continues....

Ok I got to Carbon Chiptuning in Altringham on Friday morning to be greeted by Nick & Craig who set straight to work on my Golf :cool: first off was to Dyno the car again which she made 184bhp with the MORE-BHP Map, which was a 4bhp gain on previous run  :smiley:

so the MORE-BHP Map was taken off and the car was mapped back to standard, on the Dyno run with the car running the standard map she was running 154bhp as they are 150bhp standard it looked like a good start  :cool:

The Carbon Map was installed on my car and first run 194bhp then each Dyno run after with a few more tweaks the bhp gained slightly higher each time with a result of 205bhp which is a good 20bhp more than the MORE-BHP Map also a NM gain on the MORE-BHP map of 40nm which was excellent  :cool:

So the car came off the Dyno so I could take her for a quick blast to see what the difference was now....

All I can say is F*!?*** hell.....  Holy S*&%..... the car is completely transformed when the car hits boost it is amazing it feels at least twice as fast as when I had the MORE-BHP map on my car it is completely different I wish I had gone to Carbon Chiptuning sooner I cant describe how happy I am with the results !!!!

Big sorry :embarassed: to Nick & Craig as they advised me I needed a new N75 valve as my current one was not holding the boost correctly I ordered the new N75J valve but it did not arrive in time  :embarassed: it should be here any day so will go back to see the :cool: VAG GODS  :cool: at Carbon to finish off

My summary and lesson learnt is if you want your car mapped dont buy cheap or you buy twice, Carbon Chiptuning are the mutz nutz when it comes to VAG tuning they both know VAGS inside out and they are the two of NICEST GENUINE guy's I have ever met and who know exactly what they are doing and have a real love for there job.  When I need any mapping doing in the future I know I will go to and very very highly recommend Carbon Chiptuning without a doubt as my experience has been amazing my car is completely transformed and drives so amazing now !!!

So all I have to say is if you are thinking of mapping your car or your map you currently have just doesn't feel wright go to see the guy's at Carbon you will not be disappointed!!!!

A MASSIVE BIG THANK YOU goes to Nick & Craig you have done an amazing job on my car cant express how happy I am :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Some pic's from Friday below also Dyno's Prints to follow!! If anyone wants to PM me about my experience please do !

« Last Edit: 13 June 2011, 10:41 by StusDUB »

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Them plates are going to get you in trouble :laugh:

So was the 40NM over the dyno plots on the previous page? I.E. you are now around 190NM? If so, that's tasty. What are the standard clutches good for?

Offline StusDUB

• GTI forum regular
Them plates are going to get you in trouble :laugh:

So was the 40NM over the dyno plots on the previous page? I.E. you are now around 190NM? If so, that's tasty. What are the standard clutches good for?

lol think so will have to have a check when i get the Dyno plots

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Doc, love the pic on the van :D

needs rims and a drop though  :lipsrsealed:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
Doc, love the pic on the van :D

needs rims and a drop though  :lipsrsealed: