Author Topic: Audi 140 2.0TDI Remap  (Read 14324 times)

Offline rheady

• Here all the time
Audi 140 2.0TDI Remap
« on: 19 May 2011, 10:41 »
Hi, I'm considering remapping my Audi 2.0TDI. Its the 140 model on a 06 plate. The car is completely standard but i'm looking for a bit extra lower down. I've heard of injector issues with the 170 models that are not just Audi but throughout the VAG range so would the extra power reduce the life time of the injectors. Any advice would be gratefully welcome.

Cheers

Steve

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Audi 140 2.0TDI Remap
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2011, 11:40 »
Injector issue is a hit and miss problem, they will either go or they won't. Oh and they give no warning either, but are ~£500 each to replace.

Remap considerations are more centred on DMF and clutch lifetime dependant on which map you get, and how well written the map is.

CCT or R-Tech will be along shortly no doubt.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2011, 12:00 »
Hi, I'm considering remapping my Audi 2.0TDI. Its the 140 model on a 06 plate. The car is completely standard but i'm looking for a bit extra lower down. I've heard of injector issues with the 170 models that are not just Audi but throughout the VAG range so would the extra power reduce the life time of the injectors. Any advice would be gratefully welcome.

Cheers

Steve

Hello,

I have never come across any injector issues with the 140TDI, the only fault we find with the stock 140s is the turbo VNT sticking with carbon build up which can cause turbo cut due to over boost limp mode, under boost lack of power and even compessor wheel tips melting to over spooling...and this is on a stock engine not remapped  :shocked:   Check out this post http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=184798.0
then mapping a 140tdi with a sticky VNT will in the long run kill the turbo.

Apart from the above you should no issues from the injecotrs or any other part of the car after a remap session (apart from loosing a % of the clutch clamping force effort)

If needed we can provide you with a remap session which inc full inspection of the turbo VNT using a mini vac and datalogging the boost vaules and boost control duty cycle, and the usual diagnostics, visual inspections and rolling road session..

Nick

« Last Edit: 19 May 2011, 12:02 by RTechUK »

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline Carbon-Chiptuning

• Forum Supporter
  • Not said much yet
  • Carbon Chiptuning
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2011, 15:49 »
Hi Steve,

Slick is spot on with his info.

140's do have injector problems as well as 170's but is is very hit and miss I'm afraid. We work with a diesel injection shop who has reported MANY failures on both 140's + 170's (all standard vehicles to the best of my knowledge) and they are not cheap! around £500 a pop and what usually happens is:

one fails - engine starts to misfire/runs lumpy, switch off ignition, try to start the engine again and it wont :-(

You replace it then shortly after another one goes.......... then another.............. then another!

The best theory i've had to date as to the cause of the failures is people using the wrong grade of oil when servicing. Sounds bizairre I know but when you actually look at what’s happening inside the head it kind of makes sense:

Pd injectors actually have their own individual high pressure pump built into the injector body. There is a small piston on top of each injector that is pushed down by the cam lobes to generate the final injection pressure of around 1600Bar. The pressure generated by this process is immense, so much so that VW had to put certain additives in the oil to stop it being dispersed and ensure a film of oil remains between the piston and cam lobe - hence expensive 'pd oil' and strict VW oil specifications.

The theory goes - if incorrect grade oil has been/is being used, the protective film of oil will be dispersed by the pressure and excessive wear/friction will occur on both the cam lobes and injector pistons. This causes excessive heat generation and shock which in turn leads to breakdown of the electronics inside the injector.

Only 'theory' but the best I've heard to date.

Anyway, on a lighter note this isn’t anything to do with remapping – you either will have problems or you won’t and remapping your ECU will not have any impact on this.

We can remap your Audi for you to suit your needs, anything from mild to wild.

Current Prices:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=193111.0

Any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Nick - Carbon
Carbon Chiptuning
Intelligent Solutions
mobile: 07825 215003
freefone: 08000 435 997
email: nick@carbonst.com
web: www.carbon-chiptuning.co.uk

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2011, 12:42 »
140's do have injector problems as well as 170's but is is very hit and miss I'm afraid. We work with a diesel injection shop who has reported MANY failures on both 140's + 170's (all standard vehicles to the best of my knowledge) and they are not cheap! around £500 a pop and what usually happens is:

one fails - engine starts to misfire/runs lumpy, switch off ignition, try to start the engine again and it wont :-(

You replace it then shortly after another one goes.......... then another.............. then another!

i think i have this  :cry:

Offline Carbon-Chiptuning

• Forum Supporter
  • Not said much yet
  • Carbon Chiptuning
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2011, 13:06 »
Sorry to hear that Adam  :sad:
Carbon Chiptuning
Intelligent Solutions
mobile: 07825 215003
freefone: 08000 435 997
email: nick@carbonst.com
web: www.carbon-chiptuning.co.uk

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2011, 13:08 »
Sorry to hear that Adam  :sad:

Hopefully meeting up with Adam this weekend to see what gremlins lurk.  Fingers crossed it isn't injector failure  :wink:

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2011, 13:25 »
all my eggs are in Rhyso's basket  :shocked:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2011, 13:48 »

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2011, 14:34 »

i appriciate the support  :angry:

i have founf injectors for £129 each - obviously labour costs there too but it's not as bad as £500!